Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 13 (30 day challenge) - Picture of favourite band or artiste.

Dah penat nak cakap takde favourites per se. But right now, the artiste I most frequently listen to is Jake Shimabukuro. If anyone knows that he is coming here (Singapore or Malaysia) for some performance, do inform me.

When I listen to his music, it makes me pay attention to the silence, the softest of sounds and to every single note played - and it makes you appreciate simplicity.

You know, sound - is also a part of Allah's creations. How the sound reaches our ears and sound the way it sounds - is really science and it's really amazing. Subhanallah. And the pleasure it sometimes bring.. masyaAllah.

So, anyhow, this is the first video that I came across of him, playing. Thereafter I looked up his other performances and I've come to love his music.

"I've always believe that the ukelele is an instrument of peace. And if everyone plays the ukelele, then this world would be a much happier place." - Jake Shimabukuro :p

No comments: