Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Saturday, December 27, 2008

a LIVE demo

So I was at BK with Pink, to pass her, the wedding pics. I was carrying my Panasonic Toughbook in my unzipped bag.

As we sat, I put my bag down on the chair. "WOAH!!", I yelled, drawing the attention of many patrons at BK, as my bag ACCIDENTALLY toppled and out came my Toughbook onto the hard hard floor. People must be gasping, as I picked the thing up and they realise it's a laptop. I said out (loud) to Pink, so that all around can hear, "Phew.. it's ok, it's a Toughbook." (partly also to cover balik my paisehness).

But then I saw that one side of the battery was half way out, while the other side was still nestled in its place. I tried to take the battery out gently. It's stuck. Pink said I should try yanking it out. I tried.. i guess my yanking was not strong enough. As a last resort, I knocked hard on the battery, to put it back in its place. It did, with a loud 'plank!', as though to create a dramatic sound effect. (shutz)

Then, I coolly put the toughbook back on the table, aware that some eyes are on me the Toughbook, waiting to see if it still works. I turned it on, and voila! It did! Phew!!

Man.. I just did my company a favour, by doing a real LIVE demo on its product.

Actually this is the 2nd (ACCIDENTAL) LIVE demo. The first one was at the office, when I ACCIDENTALLY spilled water all over the opened and turned-on laptop. For that one, we had to dry it, inside out, and it came back on, fully functional, 1.5 days later.

4 comments:

| nur hafizah | said...

wah, lucky u! Alhamdulillah, glad that it worked after that demo. Bagus ar Panasonic dapat pekerja mcm u. Pekerja contoh tau =)

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

orang dulu-dulu kata, kalau tak sakit jangan nak cari penyakit. aniaya diri tu =D

relating to that, i remembered in one book that i read about a fictional "ulama" character, a tok penghulu and head imam in a kampung. he said his iman was so tough. so one day told his wife that he and his friends were going clubbing, to test his iman. with all the gro girls in skimpy clothing half naked and all, he nearly fell for it. but didn't, and went back home.

so his wife asked if anything happened. he said "its ok, my iman's tough and strong."

madame blossom said...

fiza,
i know :D

hairil,

hmm.. maybe the impression i gave was that it was done on purpose.. but it was accidental lah! memang lah sangat nak cari penyakit kalau nak sengaja pegi campak laptop kat lantai. :p

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

hehe. i know. saje je nak story =D