Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Sunday, December 07, 2008

are we ready?

When you think about the bigger things, the bigger picture.. the purpose of life.. we will find that our daily issues and problems become so trivial in comparison.

yesterday a christian friend called to ask me about a muslim funeral.. how he can visit a muslim friend who had just passed away last evening. They had just played soccer that afternoon, and in the evening, my boss found out his soccermate had passed away. He was still in a state of disbelief when he spoke to me.

I told hubby about it. After a while hubby asked if I would be ready, if that happens to him.

A lot of things rushed thru my mind, as he was asking that, and I told him what I thought. The thing is, I think that is not as important. My greater concern is.. is HE ready to die? Am I ready to die? I don't think we need to worry as much about the living ones we'd leave behind - they'll survive, insyaAllah. But ARE WE READY TO DIE? The possibility is not only that he may go before me, but it may even be me, who leave before him. In fact the possibilities of death, is endless..

Of course i PRAY, that God prolong our lives, in iman, in syukr, in health, in happiness, in wealth... at least until the time that we are not needed anymore in this world.. Ameen.





***

On a brighter note.. i'd like to wish all Muslims Eid Mubarak :).

No comments: