Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

day off



I love rainy mornings when I'm home. Alhamdulillah.

I read in the papers today that the Singapore Flyer got stucked yesterday, for 5 hours! Apparently, it happened before.. just earlier this month. Now I'll know what to do the next time I plan on going on the Singapore Flyer. I'll get a book, some snacks and some drinks ready - just in case I get stuck up there for 5 hours.. at least I can enjoy myself, reading the book and having a good view. A mat would be nice too, but it's quite clean in the cabin.. you can sit on the floor.



Last night, we were at this restaurant called 'Badoque' and it's at Simpang Bedok. The food was ok, but we had more fun with the names of their coffee. Their range of coffee was under the title 'Hot Joe'.. Joe referring to the coffee. Then they have.. Joe Tos - for cappucino and Joe Ngang for mocha.. etc. Fiza ordered Joe Tos for Aida.. and the clueless Filipino waitress asked, 'You want your joe tos now or later?' We told her to let Aida finish her ice cream first.

We were laughing away and I felt bad for the Filipino waitress who must have had no idea what the word means in Malay. So I explained to her. I wonder if she'll think twice, the next time she wants to ask her customers, 'do you want your joetos now or later?'

2 comments:

redtide said...

Salaam 'alaik,

Masya Allah 5 hours uh.. Value for money.. And cool names too.. How did ur friend reply? 'can i have the joe tos later?'.. Ahaha..

madame blossom said...

salam!

my friend.. she was just laughing.. we replied for her.. told the waitress to let her finish her ice cream, before giving her the joetos. :D