Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

to be patient

Eema was telling us in the car last night, about how some kids were distorting her name and calling her that. Hanaa, Nadhrah, Eema and me, discussed about the options for responding to those. She could tell them off, like "would you like others to change your name and make fun of it?" Or.. she could just totally ignore them, until they call her by her proper name. I also added, that she could be patient and forgiving too.

Then, she asked me a very good question. HOW to practise patience? (translated from "umiy, macamana nak 'sabar'?)

I told her : by remembering that Allah knows and Allah sees and Allah hears. Allah is observing how we are reacting, see if we are patient. So, on the positive side, we can get more pahala for this!...if we are patient. THAT's something to be happy about.

Then, we can also pity them (who distorted her name), because only childish and narrow minded people do these kind of things - it's a handicap we try to avoid having. InsyaAllah some kids will grow out of it - but there are others who carry the handicap throughout their adult life. Kesian kan?

When I was younger I was quite stubborn and emotional and sensitive sometimes. But now, I'm glad I am able to control any situation better than before. It may not be the best yet.. but better than before, masyaAllah (with Allah's will). When I find myself getting worked up over anything, I stop myself, I take a deep breath, and sing think ~everything I do.... I do it for God.~

Yes, it's quite simple really, when it sets in.
Oh, but.. terms and conditions apply.


Terms and conditions.
The person must believe in God and Judgement Day.
The person prays and remember God always. When he remembers God, God will remember him. And he will then be guided to the right and successful path, as God wills.

2 comments:

farahani said...

that's nice.that's nice.

really is.

sigh.how sometimes i forgot about Him.

madame blossom said...

hi farahani,

we all do forget - one time or another. we're human.