Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, April 10, 2008

how many months?


You know you're getting fat when somebody ask you..'how many months?'
"huh?"
"You're pregnant, right?"

No, I am NOT pregnant.  And no plans to be. InsyaAllah.

I think it's the fats that comes with age.  If I have the time and the drive, I'd work out. But I don't.  
I also don't have the intention to end up like Madonna.

Why is it, that pregnant ladies can look natural and beautiful?  Why can't older ladies like me, also look oldish and beautiful as well, with tummy and all?
Why must we hide what's natural?  Who is shaping our minds into not accepting the natural?  Who is telling us, that you have to have stick figure to look pretty in that new dress?  Who?

Why do we have to adapt to the new lines of clothing?  Why can't the clothing adapt to the natural being we are?  At the obscene amount of money some people pay for those branded clothing, shouldn't they be working to make us look pretty, instead of us working to make THEIR dresses look pretty?

But of course, I have the choice of not falling for those ideas.  Cuma sometimes, rasa terkilan jugak nak pakai some blouses that were bought for me, that looks good only on the hanger.  

OK, that was my 10 minutes worth of useless rambling on the state of my tummy. Full stop.


*********

For now, I adore Jason Mraz and some of this songs.
He seems to be smart, witty, kind of wise, kindhearted and definitely talented.
Although I'm quite sure this is going to be just a phase.  My adoration that is.
But I'll still like and respect the person and his talents.


2 comments:

Zee SHK said...

babe ..no one has ever said im fat, at least to my face. but i ALWAYS feel that i am. sheesh. and when i was pregnant, i did not think that i was glowing, unfortunately. sheesh again. inilah wanita barangkali, always never happy and satisfied :P

madame blossom said...

hehe.. orang pun tak cakap i'm fat.. kalau ada pun.. tu lah.. orang ingat i pregnant.

i can live with this.. insyaAllah. but i'll try to make it better lah.. tengok mood.