Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, April 07, 2008

there's no need to complicate

I have been busy, either physically and/or mentally. I feel like I have been, sometimes, distant from family and friends. Maybe I was also quite distant from myself.

Anyhow, I was thinking about so many things. Most of them, I cannot do anything about, yet.

Then I teringat what the ulama' Aa-Gym said. (ok wait..I know i said before, I don't quite favour him..but I guess he is alright - he is human after all. And I do not know him well enough to judge him. In fact, nobody knows anybody good enough to pass a judgement - Allah knows best - teringat criter Nabi Khidir. No, it has nothing to do with Aa-Gym's polygamy issue. I'm fine with that).

Let me see if I can recall his 5 points to a....err..i forgot the title of the ceramah, maybe it was.'5 points to a happier life?' Anyway, that's not important. What's important is the 5 points, which to me, applies to our God-conscious life in general. I'm going to summarise like crazy here.. his talk was about 45 mins long. Here goes.


1. Siap (Ready) - ready to face whatever comes.. how?.. as follows..

2. Redha (acceptance) - things happen by Allah's will, and is a test for us.. so redha and get on with it.

3. Jangan mempersulitkan diri (Don't complicate), Eh, macam dalam lagu jason mraz.:p So anyway.. yah.. most of the time, the problem is bearable, but it is made bigger, by the person himself - the complains, the exaggerated heart ache etc.

4. Evaluasi diri (Evaluate yourself) - find within yourself, the reason for the thing that happened and how you can change that.

5. Hmm.. frankly, I don't REALLY remember point 5, but I'm quite sure it's Berdoa and 'Tawakkal', berserah pada Allah SWT. - it's only logical and natural. We go back to God for help.


I'll have to take his advice. I've already set my plans for if/when something happens. I cannot do anything about it NOW, except doa. So yup, I am ready, I accept, I won't complicate, I'll review, i'll doa and tawakkal.. and relax.



p.s. I have some pictures of the beautiful sky and clouds at sunrise, and the Irsyad High Tea event last Saturday (which is in no way related to the sunrise). Irsyadee and Taufik Batisah performed, not at sunrise, at the high tea of course. I want to try to post those later from home.. if I'm not mentally and/or physically busy. :p

4 comments:

Yara said...

Erni, I was at Darul Aman yesterday morning and Aa-Gym was there for the ceramah. It was the first time that I had actually heard him speak in person and I guess he was oklah. He injected some humour and at one stage was stumped when someone asked "Are you married?"

madame blossom said...

hahaha.. that's funny. =D

madame blossom said...

yara.. BY THE WAY.. what happened to u blog?

Yara said...

Oh, I have alredy deleted it as I have no time to blog. Now, I am helping out my daughter's school Parent Support Group with its website.

Sorry that I did not inform you earlier. Guess you can remove my link in your blog.

Have you found any buyer for your flat yet? Sayang it is in CCK, if not I pun might wish to buy it. I prefer staying in the east.