Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Crazy about cola?


It all started last Wednesday, when my vendor Kim (it's his surname.. he is from Korea) first came to the office to work on a project with me.

That day, we went out for lunch, with my other colleagues.  During lunch, one of my colleagues asked me if I've heard of Coke Zero.   No - I haven't, I said.  You see, I have been quite successful in keeping myself free of commercials and it's influence.  So I don't know about all these new stuff.  She says she wants to try it, and asked me if I can share a can with her.  OK, I said.  

However, our colleague who went to buy it, came back to tell us that the place didn't sell Coke Zero.  I think Kim, must have picked it up from there onwards, missing the part about my colleague being the one suggesting it.  Because after that, he somehow got the idea that I'M crazy about coke or something.  Now I must tell you that actually, I don't even really drink carbonated drinks!   Ok.. bedek.. maybe once in a blue moon.

That afternoon, Kim came back from tea break, with a Coke Zero for me.  
ME.  
Alone.  
Not sharing with anyone.  

I drank the coke anyway - it took me the whole afternoon to finish it.

Since that afternoon, he has been buying me Coke EVERYDAY he is with me. Which means the last 3 workdays of last week.  Fortunately, I don't have a meeting with him on Monday and Tuesday.  But today..... he bought me Coke Light in the MORNING. Yes, morning.  Luckily, I've had my tea at home.  

Then now, I'm drinking Pepsi Max as I'm typing this. Thanks to Kim again.  

I have considered breaking the bad news to him.. that I'm not really into cola.   But I don't have the heart to, seeing how happy he is handing me the Coke everytime.

It's ok.  I still have this week, and next week with him.  At the end of next week, I'm quitting cola.  
I hope.


p.s.
Hairil... yes I know.. I still remember what u said about what cola does to rust..  

" ~ But it takes the rust to have it... poli-iished ~ "
The effects of cola and jason mraz.

.

3 comments:

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

did i mention that if you pour cola into a barrel of a machine gun, it will not only rust, but corrode the barrel thus declaring the gun BER (beyond economical repair)? :D

halalan toyyiban ^_^

madame blossom said...

err.. yes.. i think i remember that too.

ok THAT'S IT. tomorrow i'll tell him to stop buying me coke. insyaAllah - if I can find a way to break it to him gently.

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/cocacola-to-phase-out-use-of-controversial-additive-after-dna-damage-claim-834021.html