Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, April 21, 2008

looking forward

"This year, has been bad for me, you know. Since late last year.. it's been problems. one after another. I'm just so stressed up," he said. Looking seriously stressed. You can almost feel it yourself.

Then I remembered what Aa Gym (again) said. So I told him, "You know we Muslims... we fast?"

"oh yes.. during Ramadan?"

"Yes Ramadan. Totally no drink, no food, during the day. Even kids can fast. "

"For one month right?"

"Yes, one month. You know one of the reasons why we can endure it? It's because we know, 7pm, will come. (InsyaAllah, provided the world don't end and/or we don't die - but I didn't mention this, didn't want to scare him or give him other ideas) So we bear with it, because we know it will end - we know there is something to look forward to. THAT is the daily goal, then whole month goal - is the festivities at the end of the fasting month. That's when we feel we have triumphed."

"Oh yeah.. that makes a lot of sense."

"Yes, so you should look at the end of it all. These current stressful stuff and troubles - it will end right?"

"Yes, hopefully around June"

"Good. So look forward to that, while you're tackling it."

"hmm... yeah... I should start planning for a break, a holiday."

"Yes, do that! Go pick a destination - print a picture and place it at your desk."

"Haha.. hmm.. yeah.. I may do that :D"

He actually looked more relieved, like a burden is slightly lifted.
I sure hope he feels better.

2 comments:

Zee SHK said...

i dun know abt him, but i certainly agree with u and felt better :) considering what i am going thru rite now :/

madame blossom said...

awwhh..kesian..but u felt better? :):) alhamdulillah.
I'm here to listen(or read) anytime, babe. ;)