Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Islamic chain emails

I did not forward the above mentioned email to anyone because it also contained some 'Allah says..' and 'Rasulullah berwasiat..' for which I cannot determine the sources. Then there is this one that says : "Allah says, 'If you're ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you.' So if you're not ashamed, then forward this email." I hate these 'threats' to forward chain emails. Previously there was one more which says something like..'if you want to prove your iman..' or was it 'belief in Allah'. or something to that effect, 'forward this email to at least XX number of people'.

You only need to prove your iman to Allah SWT. And it's definitely not by sending chain emails or smses.

However, I am more concerned about the part on 'Allah says....' When Allah says something, then it has to come from only 2 sources, right?. The Quran, and Hadith Qudsi. Is there any other sources of 'Allah says'?

The clause "Allah says.. if you are ashamed of me......." sounds unfamiliar for it to have come from the Quran, and so far, I have not managed to find this verse in the Quran. If anyone of you can find this verse from the Quran or any Hadith Qudsi, please advise me.

This is the SECOND time, I see that clause being used in a message meant for Muslims. I went to investigate on the internet and looked up the clause 'Lord says, ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you.'.
A whole list of Christian sites on Gospels and sermons were shown. In the sermons, they mentioned about this 'ashamed' clause, just as how it was quoted above. Then in one of them I find them indicating the source. I looked it up the source in the online Bible (New International Version (NIV) ).

"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."
Mark 8:38

Now I wonder which smart aleck has conveniently changed that to 'Allah says' and then start forwarding the email around? Although the intention could have been noble.

We must be careful about forwarding messages with 'Allah says' and 'Rasulullah says/berwasiat/berpesan..' - we don't want to be among those who are responsible for spreading lies about Allah SWT and Rasulullah SAW. Takut dituntut di akhirat.

Or if you find the content of the email useful, then retain the content and delete the quotes before sending it to your friends.

No comments: