Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Saturday, July 15, 2006

An examplary da'iy

In class, we were asked to name a person, whom we feel is a da'iy (pendakwah or someone who calls others to Islam or to being a good Muslim), who is most influential to us.

For me at this moment, that person is Ustaz Dr Dzulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri. He is a lecturer from Uniti. Used to be. He has since been asked to be Mufti in one of the countries in the Malaysia, forgot which one.. perhaps Negeri Sembilan)

This man is, masyaAllah, the most tawadhu', humble man I've met. This is despite his vast and deep knowledge in Islam. He is unlike most of the ustaz or ustazah who gives lectures or sermons kat our local masjid.

When he lectures, we can hardly hear him if the class not quiet. His voice is soft and VERY calm, and throughout the whole lecture it would stay like that.

There has been quite a number of times where the students raised some contraversial issues. He would always be quiet for a while, and then tactfully and objectively explain the hukum or the possibilities surrounding he issues and not mention anything about the people or group related to those issues.

Observing Ustaz Dzul, I see that we don't have to raise our voice or crack silly jokes to have an impact on the audience. Enough is the example he sets himself, and his aura. He, like most Muslim scholars, is very intelligent and have superb memory on the books that he has read. I'm impressed.

In short, I see in him, all the good examples of how a Muslim should be. When you meet him and hear him, you can't help but feel some kind of immediate respect for this person.

Of course besides him, there are others whom inspires me just as much. Macam tak fair pulak tak sebut that Ustaz Soberi is another lecturer from Uniti, whom I admire, and then there's a few others who are not lecturers, but a da'iy in their own capacity, who inspires the people whom they dakwah to.

Alhamdulillah. I'm very thankful that I get the opportunity to meet them. They inspire me to improve myself, to read, learn and practise more and to be tawadhu. And to berdakwah in our own way, to the best of our capacity, insyaAllah.