Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, March 27, 2009

to Him we will all return

most of all I wish her well
although it seems impossible
but what am I suppose to do
I can't just sit here and see this thru'

as I look at her on the bed, so frail
I can't help thinking how much I've failed
there's so much more I wish i'd done
to show her my love and appreciation

I hope she is not hurting so much
I hope she's comforted by my touch
I want to lie down there with her
and together I hope, we'll be braver

I think about the life we live
and all the love I've been showered with
I've seen and know how good she is
Her soul is safe, that's how it feels

As I sit here silent, by her bedside
My soul's detached from the world outside
Somehow what's out there feels surreal
They forget the fate with which we're sealed.

Oh God, Oh God, please make her well
Please take away this difficult spell
But if You've decreed it's time for her
Then take her lightly, don't make her suffer

I will continue to pray for her
what's best for now, and the Hereafter
Verily to God, we all belong
and to Him we will all return.


~madame blossom~

***********

this was how I think and felt
as I lay with my late grandma, on her deathbed.
May her soul be in Allah's rahmah. Ameen.

and i dedicate this to my dear sis fiza. though I think and hope, the situation is not exactly the same. For I pray that she will be with you for a longer time. In fact, I even imagine her, still being with you, when you're having ur first baby later. :) Ameen, ameen, ya rabbal a'lamin.

3 comments:

| nur hafizah | said...

sis dear,

thanks a lot. may Allah provide her with the strength that she needs & ease her pain also. in fact, one of her wishes is to see me settle down. insyaAllah, may Allah grant her that little wish if it can make her happy.

love u.

MHB said...

I love your dash of poetry - touches the core of me

madame blossom said...

fiza, insyaAllah.. ameen. :)

mhb, glad u like it.. it comes from the heart too. :)