Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, March 23, 2009

life in HereAfter

My day, has been quite hazy.. i think it's my head. thinking of too many things at the same time.

I guess I'm feeling quite melancholic. What with my thought about getting Hadi to go for a checkup to see if there is any reason to worry about his frequent headaches, and Fiza's mum.. and about my mum's friend who passed away quite suddenly, just a few days after meeting my mum and telling her that she doesn't have any major illnesses and that she's healthy. I wonder if she said that to comfort herself, because she had a hunch of what's coming. You know how people sometimes say that, people somehow know their time is coming up?

Basically I'm just thinking about life and death in general.. about what I'm doing, and about how long more I will see those familiar routes, those roads that I always take, those trees and skies that I've always admired, those faces and friends that I adore always. But it's not all sad, you know.. As I look at the skies, I remembered in the Quran, there is a mention of how we will see the beauty of the different hues in Heaven. When I look at the morning sky.. those different colours and hues.. I wonder how much more wonderful and indescribably beautiful it will be. Then yesterday I half-watched the movie 'Matrix Revolution' which was on Channel 5 (switching on and off to Liverpool/Aston Villa game)... at the end of the movie, they showed this beautiful I'm-sure-camera-enhanced colourful sky .. That made me remember what I read in the Quran again.

"But for those who, of their Sustainer's presence, stand in fear, two gardens (of paradise are readied);
which then, of your Sustainers powers can you disavow?
(Two gardens) of many wondrous hues.
Which then, of your Sustainers powers can you disavow?"

Al Quran, Ar-Rahman 55:46-49
(Translation by Muhammad Asad)


MasyaAllah.. i think everything in this world, and everything that we do is surreal.

And Reality.. is going to be much much much more unimaginably beautiful for those who believe in One God, and who live their lives righteously. And I pray that you and I and our beloved families will continue to be God-Conscious and righteous people, who will earn the goodness of both this world and the HereAfter and that we will die in Iman, and in Allah's grace, when our time comes. Ameen, ameen, ameen.