Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

what happened

I have..

attended two lectures, both very enriching.
and two concerts, both very entertaining.
the two lectures were by inspirational speakers
and the two concerts were by talented singers.

I didnt even mean for this to look like a poem.

But anyway, let's start with the concert first, cause I'd like to end this post with thoughts about the lectures, so that I, and you all (yes, I first, then you all, cause I don't think there's much of 'you all' that I'd like to flatter myself with), can hopefully ponder about it for a while after this.
sorry guys, it was late, i was too tired and couldn't think properly. insyaAllah, will post about the talks asap!

So right. The first concert I went to, was M Nasir's. Went to KL to watch him, with hubby Aida and Hilmy. Fun trip, I like. I think he, M Nasir that is, is an eccentric person. Smart too and good with the audience. I'm not a BIG fan of his, but I DO enjoy his concerts (I've been to THREE so far, thanks to hubby). I think he is the only performer who has received the honour of my attending to their concerts that many time. And I haven't even been to an Anuar Zain's or Siti Nurhaliza's before. Not that I'm a fan of them also lah. In fact, I think he is the only Malay performer's concert I have ever been to. Not counting the time when I was given a free ticket to watch a ROCK! concert, back when I was 21. hmm.

Anyhow, that night, he sang my all time favourite song, Suatu Masa - he sang it almost perfectly. :) Love it.. and songs from his phoenix album, which I think is the best album by him in this decade.


The next concert I went to, was Jason Mraz's!!! When he came down for Singfest, friends who know that I LOVE his songs, asked if I want to go. Of course not!. Me? at Singfest? with all those sweaty kids, STANDING in the HOT sun the whole day only to watch him sing for.. what? 45 mins? No.. I told them, if he has his OWN concert, ask me again. And maybe he heard me.. :D He came to do his own concert. And so, immediately, my friends asked - and this time, I went. And as expected, his vocals were 99.98 perfect. Although I think I would have enjoyed his concert much much much more, if it was just him with an acoustic guitar and that (is it TACO ?) guy. but hey.. it was still good! He sang You and I both, I'm yours, Mr curiosity, the geek in the pink..hmm. but he didn't sing Life is Wonderful - I love that song. After that, my sisters and I.. we went out for coffee and chat.. till late at night. :p I enjoyed myself there too. luv u girls!

I think I should talk about the two lectures on another post. I need to gather my thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah lau...what an anti-climax. This cliff hanger ending is so unexpected.

| nur hafizah | said...

Love u too darling!

madame blossom said...

alamak alfian,

so sorry! hmm.. come to think of it.. it's sounds like one of those companies who gave empty promises. sheesh.. I should update that part.

insyaAllah will update about the talks soon!

They inspired me. :)

fiza ;)

madame blossom said...

*gives*