Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

a wife's trial

I know you think I'm superwoman
I accept the compliment
But even she can make mistakes
It's not a record I can break

I want to be home before you
So I can greet you at the door
But once at home I can't bid adieu
To our children and the household chores

But I know I must be able to
set my priorities, and one is you
You're not ignored, that part is true
Cause when you're down, I'm unhappy too

Dear I will try to do my part
I'll put more effort for a start
Making sure your dinner's prepared
And get the children ready for bed

With the limited things I do for thee
I'm sure somehow, you appreciate me
Though you may not show it so clearly
I know you're not build like that, I see

In every marriage, there are roles
For the man and the woman to hold
The one for me, I will abide
With much sincerity, with all my heart

4 comments:

Marliza Radzi said...

suka!

madame blossom said...

i'm glad u do! :)

Anonymous said...

one thing sis, if the wife is busy with work, housework amd homework. Where does the dad comes into the picture. We ARE not superwoman; will be doing ourself a disservice...my humble thoughts

madame blossom said...

Hi anon,

I believe this is the issue with almost all the mothers, working or not. We have pushed 'attending to husband' as the last most priority, if they are in the list at all. For some, watching that particular drama religiously, may even be higher on the list than attending to husband.

But the fact of the matter is, our third priority, should be the husband, after Allah and Rasulullah SAW. Then comes the parents, children and household chores (especially). This is the role a wife must play. But we lost it along the way.

And insyaAllah, for some.. the husband does not demand much. Just our respect, sex when he wants it and a bit of attention (that may come in the form of preparing food or just a chit chat before sleep).

I know it's hard to swallow, amidst the western ideas of what is women's right. What I always remind myself is.. in that last bit of the poem. When i try to be sincere, doing it lillah (kerana Allah), it makes the whole thing easier.

I'm not saying I have no problems with time management. But normally it'll affect the lower priorities ones like..reading a book, blogging or watching a movie.

Have you heard about the professor and the jar full of golf balls story? It's quite inspiring. :)

May Allah make us all better wives and better mothers.. and daughters and sisters and workers etc.. ameen.