Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

mothering the studying

I don't understand how you can think
When your ears are plugged and then you sing
Can you turn it off just for a while?
Finish your homework, turn off that dial.

Don't look at the computer
Turn off the screen
You can chat with your friends later
Finish number thirteen.

Wait wait wait, what are you doing?
Avoid being careless, check that thing
Go through it once more, it doesn't sting
Think a bit more, the bell may ring

I'm not shouting at you
I'm trying to explain
I thought with raised voice
It will be more plain

I'm sorry sometimes I realise
I'm pushing too hard
But if I don't,
Will you even start?

There I go again,
underestimating
I should have faith in you
and let you do your own thing

Don't say no, don't say you can't
don't give up before completing the plan
It doesn't matter what went before
Just start work now, on your future score

And I just wanted to let you know
That I never meant
To make you feel low
How can I, I love you so

I know you can achieve much more
With your heart at it, I'm sure you'll soar
I'll be here for you, if you need me
To put you into gear, without being pushy.

I'll try. :)

~madame blossom~


p.s. : did you realise that when you're mothering too much, the plural 's' gets to the front and it becomes smothering? hmm..

p.p.s. writing poems again.. kemaruk kan?
but like I said, it's seasonal. so bear with it. I just needed to squeeze my brain juice in a new way. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your poem....it sounds just like me when I sat with the kids doing the homework

madame blossom said...

:D doesn't it? From the few mother-friends who shared their experiences - I think we're all almost the same. I sighed in relief, knowing that I'm not the only crazy one. :D

Maybe it's a natural mother thing.