Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, February 06, 2009

asiaone, a serious news site?


My GOD! what kind of an image and word to put on the FRONT page of a NATIONAL newspaper site?!?!
Immediately, the thought that this paper CAN'T be having serious news, news that matters to the people, could they?

And this is a very worrying thing.. that Singapore is reflecting this kind of images on this kind of serious site.
Or perhaps Asiaone is not a serious news site?

I think they should watch what kind of image they're portraying about their organisation, if it is really meant to be doing serious news business. Do you think you'll ever see this kind of image on the front of a respected news site like BBC.com or Al Jazeera?

I'm very turned off! I'm thinking this is like another lame mundane male magazine site.

One thing's for sure.. i'm not coming back to this news site. I'd rather go to more serious news site like BBC.com or Al Jazeera. I'll catch local news from the talks on the streets or the news on TV.. unless they too, start to think that erotica images are news. Sheesh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe.. okay, they dun have the erotica thingy anymore... i just checked but these kinda adverts things creep in also maybe because they have a lackadaisical policy in allowing anyone who has the money to advertise on their website. maybe they're trying to be everything under the sun.

madame blossom said...

yeap.. it's an advert..I think if they are concerned about their image, they shud at least control what kind of advertisements go into the front page. I'm turned off. I wrote to them.

if nobody says anything, they'll think that everything they do is okay.

Anonymous said...

salam.

its been a long time. try channelnewsasia.com for serious local news.

=)