Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, February 23, 2009

jam

I should have taken the other route
Where traffic is moving as it should
I thought I was making a clever move
And now I'm stuck here with all these soot

Few metres per minute is the speed
I feel like getting on my feet
And take a jog along the cars
Then smile at the drivers as I go pass

I imagine me escaping the jam
My car fixed with rockets beneath
Ascending upwards like a spacecraft
Accelerating forward, above the trees

I sing along with Jason Mraz
whose song is playing in my car
Nah, even he cannot uplift me
I am frustrated, oh I'm being silly

I take a deep breath and I resign
To the road I take, cannot be undone
Though I should have taken the other route
Where traffic is moving as it should

~madame blossom~
.

No comments: