Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, January 12, 2007

opocot

I used to be cool, when things or people fall. I'd just go like .. 'oops'.

But a few years back (can't remember the exact fateful day), I was infected with the 'opocot' condition.

I got it from a dear friend/colleague/lunch partner, who says it all the time. But she said it in a more omputeh way actually. It sounded like the name of one of the kereta mewah tu. She would say.. 'oh peugeot'.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't blurt out 'oh peugeot'. But I blurt out 'opocot' when things or people fall. And I don't like it. It's sooo uncool kan?!? Especially kalau da pakai stylo milo, with giant sunglasses and all, then cry out 'opocot' in public. Sungguh menjatuhkan imej beta.

I would rather just blurt out 'oops'.

'MasyaAllah' wud be good.

Or better still..stay cool and don't blurt out anything at all.

Does anyone has any suggestion on how to correct this condition?

Come to think of it, I don't think I hear HER say 'oh peugeot' anymore.


p.s. And I'm sorry to all other sisters (or even brothers) who somehow got infected by the opocot condition too. =D MasyaAllah, this thing can actually be contagious eh?!

p.s.2IT'S FRIDAY!!!! yeah!!
oh. but i may have to work tomorrow. :(

11 comments:

DzulRena said...

sis,
opocot still much better than wat i used to "melatah" last time.. my sis suka sgt say tat word and i was like infected by it..

if word tu sumthing nice takpe ini... "oh p*** mak kau" tak ke teperanjat if org dengar??!!! *istighfar byk2*

but alhamdulillah i dah dpt kikis tat word and it seems tat i dah tak melatah lagi... eeeerrr... i think.. cos i cant think of word i say now ~lol~

madame blossom said...

rena,

oooo.. tu lagi teruk eh.. nasib baik you stopped. =D alhamdulillah.

hmm. but you don't remember how or when you stopped?

Maybe I must CONSTANTLY remember to 'relax' aje..jgn panic.

Yara said...

Salams Erni,

Actually I find it amusing when people melatah or blurt out words like opocot but till now I cannot figure out why it happens. Some people tu very chronic case and others the milder version. Personally, I cannot recall experiencing it myself but I do stumble in my speech and sometimes to call out my children’s names pun tersasul. Lain yang nak dipanggil, lain pulak keluar dari mulut and they would laugh.

Yay. Today’s Friday and I don’t have to work tomorrow. The journey to and from the masjid tadi very, very wet but Alhamdulillah kita dapat menunaikan kewajipan kita jugak. I have a feeling tonight and tomorrow will be wet too.

Anonymous said...

oh saya pernah berjangkit juga.

cara menghilangkannya, saya menyuruh seorang rakan baik menegur setiap kali melakukannya.

alhamdulillah it worked!

madame blossom said...

yara,

I use to find it amusing.. until now i say 'opocot' It's a reflex action la.. but I believe can somehow be controlled. Just have to be alert all the time.. kena try..

pasal panggil nama anak2 tu.. u don't say. especially kalau tengah nak cepat.. sometimes i'll call all other 3 names before I get the correct one. =D

Oh, yes and it's wet EVERYWHERE. here wet.. my son just called say it's raining heavily in school..

am,
i dah kena tegur.. and also tegur myself banyak kali.. but so far not effective - cos it's always too late, AFTER melatah.

I'm trying to be alert. maybe after blogging.. then I need to prove myself kan? then perhaps it'll work (?) =D

| nur hafizah | said...

hi darling,

thanks! But no thanks, that you infected me with the 'opocot' thingy .. or mine sound more like 'opocots' .. hmmph, i have been infected badly that it seems hard for me to stop it. But insyaAllah .. when you have found a solution for it, share it with me k darling sis.

anyway, it sounds bad that you may have to work tomorrow .. we have class! nevertheless, stay cool and jalankan ibadahmu dengan sempurna ..

:D

madame blossom said...

tedd,

yes, u're one of the infected ones.. =D tapi i rasa, urs is more chronic than mine. haha..

takpe besok kita tengok kalau boleh terkawal tak, ok?

Anonymous said...

*heh* my dh pernah cakap only women suka melatah and yes it is habitual actually. then, 1 hari tuh kan i dengar dia yang TER-melatah but when i qtn him you tau dia jawab apa? "orang lelaki yang melatah tuh maknanya diorang sayang bini."

right..... *rolleyes*

sorry no cure for it as i tend to melatah too sometimes. =P

ps: semalam sebelah scarlet was a nissan march, teringat you. ;)

madame blossom said...

yt,

akan, ku cuba untuk mengubat penyakit ini. kalau berhasil, awak akan diberitahu.

you saw a nissan march and remembered me?!?! waaah, sungguh terharu. Sungguh!

I still don't have a name for it! kesian baby tu.. dah setahun pun.. tak bernama. .

Azer Mantessa said...

opocot ... ooppss ... it is conragious :D

madame blossom said...

yes it can be.. betui.

HOWEVER, i find some improvements in myself. Yesterday.. I said..'opoch' and stopped myself.

seriously i think determination and alert shud do the trick.. give me a week more.