Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, January 11, 2007

the nail clipper

It was late afternoon, in the office. I was so busy ke tahap busy giler.
The phone rang.

M : Hello.
H : Hi. I want to tell you something ah..
M : Yes, dear, what?
H : You know ah, Tok Besar.... do you think, he could be a wali?
M : Wali? you mean jadi my wali, time I nikah? Ya lah.. cause he's my father's uncle..
H : No, not that wali. Like.. you know.. wali. Wali Allah.
M : Ha?! Wali Allah? What are you talking about? What do you mean?
H : I mean, he COULD be you know.
M : ??...Ok now, how did you get to THAT?
H : You know masa kat KL, few days before that.. I've been looking for a nail clipper kan? I've been thinking, where to get that nail clipper. Then, when we met him that night, of the 1001 other things he can choose to give me, he gave me a NAIL CLIPPER.
M : ??.......Oooooh...so he could be a WALI because... he gave you a NAIL CLIPPER? .........
(*burst out laughing*)..... Honey!! how did that make him a WALI?!?! wahpiang!
H : heh.. ya lah..I mean I've been looking for that nail clipper for so long you know, and it's like he knew.. and when he gave it to me.. macam it's a relief.. it's something that I wanted quite badly at that time.
M : hmm... ok... he could be..... because he gave you a nail clipper...
H : yeah.
M : So.. you called me at this time, just to tell me that you think Tok Besar is a wali, because he gave you a nail clipper?
H : Yeah... I was getting the nail clipper from the compartment, then I suddenly thought about it and it's quite.. you know.. amazing ah that he gave me something I needed.
M : oook.
H : Ok. so ..that's all I wanted to tell you. Bye.
M : Bye.

************

But kan...he could be, you know - Tok Besar. After all, dia memang wara' plus the fact that all the time we visited him before, he has never given us 'souvenirs' but that night, out of the blue he gave hubby that. Plus we didn't tell Tok Besar we needed a nail clipper.

Of course, another possible explanation would be, that he saw how LONG the fingernails on the children's fingers are.. and couldn't stand it. So he gave hubby and nail clipper. yeah.

Allahu'alam. anyway, may his Iman be strong and may Allah keep him in good health. And to all of us too. Ameen.

Random pics of the week before, and the week before that.




hadi peter pan

the superheroes..

11 comments:

Azer Mantessa said...

he cud be...

Yara said...

I guess only Allah knows although there might be other reasons that made him give the nail clipper to your hubby. I am more inclined to think that it was Allah being there to see to your hubby's moment of need through your Tok Besar. I think this happens many times throughout our lives. Allahu'alam.

I love those pics. So varied, including superheroes lagi..heh..heh

Sahalfikri said...

i called it Allah's planning.. only those who think, can realize HIS planning of our daily lives.. HE who knows all.. DIA yang sengaja gerakkan hati Tok Besar untuk beri nail clipper.. maybela, n kebetulan (if u name it kebetulan, i prefer.. DIA takdirkan..)dia tetiba nak bagi hadiah n that's the present yg dia terasa nak bagi (without knowing that u need it).

I used to train myself to say that.."Ohh, this is what Allah planned, masya Allah..".

Anyway, i still believe there exist Wali.. but not as simple as that. zipp! (word symbolises 'stop talking' to myself n start thinking.

*suka gambar superhero n two others bawah tu, really nmpak mcm baru nak terbang..huhu

madame blossom said...

Azer,
yeah..he cud be.
Anyway, a wali never reveals that he is one.

Yara,
yeah.. it cud be..
Allah does what He wills. Maybe my hubby prayed, and his prayers were answered this way. Allahu'alam.

p.s. I pun suka gambar superheroes tu..

madame blossom said...

SahalFikri,

Yes, you're so right. It's Allah's will. That is the best explanation.
Whether Tok Besar is a wali or not, why he gave the nail clipper and all - semua tu dah tertulis, akan terjadi. MasyaAllah.

best kan gambar terbang tu? tapi malangnya, kitorang belum belajar terbang lebih tinggi dari setengah meter. =D

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! My mom had her own encounter. She was almost done doing her prayers when a salesman knocked on the door. He was dressed in his songkong and kain, etc. He was selling minyak urut or something like that. So my mom got 1 bottle just to help him out. Then he mentioned that my mom is the tuan rumah, etc, the things he said were all accurate. He even knew where my mom stopped praying. Was amazing, but scary at the same time. I don't really like people who think they can read other's minds. It makes us vulnerable. I told my mom not to layan these people. Dunno what prawn behind the stone they might be up to. But your case is different lah - u know the person :)

Well, if it happens more than 3 times, then it has to be more than a coincidence :) Nice pix by the way!

madame blossom said...

Hi Hartini!

that man sounds freaky. the fact that he's trying to show ur mom that he knows all. I have nothing against ppl who does door to door sales. BUT when they are pushy/lying/showing off/and things yg sewaktu dengannya.. i get turned off immediately.

Anonymous said...

gambar-gambar yang cantik and scream HAPPINESS!!!! hehe.

madame blossom said...

gd am, am. =D

thank you!.. alhamdulillah. bahagia..

tapi tak bermaksud happiness sentiasa.. sure la got ups and downs.

Anonymous said...

gambar lompat2 tuh cool, eh? =)

and *wails* ... i wanna go KL again!
*big sigh* bila lah nak holiday lagi, eh?

ni lah dia classic case of dah kasi betis nak peha. *hee*

madame blossom said...

yt,

=D yup.. gambar lompat2 tu was also fun to take. lain kali nak try lompat macam2 style.. sememtara masih boleh lompat ni.

nampak 'KL' aje macam nak pegi lagi eh?! haha.. sama lah kita. kalau kitorang berbual.. tersebut KL or holiday aje.. mesti merungut.. "Alah!!! bila boleh pegi lagi ni?!?"