Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

eternal sunshine of a spotless mind




sunrise in serkam melaka


i like that phrase. It's from that movie, where there's Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet.
I like the movie too.

The title of the movie itself is..interesting.

When I think of it, I get the image of a newborn child.. or a person so innocent and so full of hope.. someone pure. (not related to the movie).

And the 'eternal sunshine' - someone who constantly gives hope and support and happiness...

Yes. I wud want to be that eternal sunshine, of a spotless mind. I try.


Actually eh, dah lama tau, I want to have kaya toast.

But I just couldn't. Ever since I bought one at the canteen near the office. Now, whenever I want to buy roti bakar.. I'm reminded of how I saw the fella made mine, and I'm like having a phobia, buying kaya toast.

What happened was...., I asked this man for roti bakar kan.. kat coffee shop. And then, I thought he'd be using the plastic glove to prepare. But noooooo.. he took the bread with his two bare hands. Da la pakaian dia tu sikit punya selekeh dan kotor, macam orang lepas kerja kontrak pun ada sikit2. He put the bread into the toaster.. 'fine, i thought, the heat would kill some germs.. I can still take that..'

While waiting for the toast, he was standing there, sniffling, and then he wiped his nose with his hands, IN FRONT OF ME! And I saw on one of his fingers, dia ada pakai plaster, that was black from I don't know what. When the toast was done, he took it out with his hands yang da bekas lap hingus and bandaged finger, and held the bread, and put the butter and kaya. put it in the plastic, gave it to me.

On the way back to the office, the image kept going on auto repeat i my mind. Needless to say (but saying it anyway..) I threw the toast away.
Forgive me Allah, i really didn't mean to waste food like that.

Now that I've told you this story, i don't think i want to buy roti bakar just yet.

And dont' ask me, how i jumped from 'eternal sunshine of a spotless mind' to the disgusting roti bakar. I know, it's like from 2 opposite ends.

Have a good day u all..


*random thoughts again..
Yeap, I think a lot, don't I? I think, my mind is at work ALL the time. A rock on the pavement can also set me pondering or thinking

10 comments:

Yara said...

Salams Sis,

Interesting movie huh but I hardly watch movies so don't think I know that one.

That man is so gross and should be reported to the Health Authorities! How can he handle food like that?!!! Err..pardon for asking but why don't you make your own roti bakar and bring it to work? No time? Oh yeah, there was indeed two extremes regarding your subject today, spotless versus dirty.

Hey, my mind works all the time too. Even a speck of dust can set it off.

Azer Mantessa said...

woo ... the good news first then the bad news ... yikes.

madame blossom said...

yara,

ya lah boleh jugak buat kat rumah.. but u know how sometimes kedai punya somehow better than homemade.. e.g. teh tarik.
since u said it.. ya lah, maybe I'll just get some kaya and do it at home. tengok mood.

azer,
as i read again the post again, i found that the change was like so sudden, macam ada orang tukar channel, gitu. =D

Anonymous said...

*LOL* ok then we both 1 kepala.benda yang tak dekaitan langsung with each other pun leh trigger our imaginationand rambling. *heh*

and that men/apek is gross! euw! dah lah tuh bangsa gi toilet tak istinjak. *bleargh*

madame blossom said...

yt,

i didn't even think of that part sey!

*imaginations running wild* apa lagi kalau the type yang tak cuci tangan lepas gi toilet lagik!!! EEEUUUWWWWWWW!!!

ok, ok yara... i think i'll make my own toast.

p.s. kita baru aje singgah kat blog awak.. macam telepathy gitu eh?

JenGGo said...

EEsssh.. ape plak eyyy.. tu berkat tu... semua serpihan2 nikmat tu... hehe...

madame blossom said...

oh.. kira macam dia punya nikmat perasa ke apa?

takpe..takpe.. tak heran

Anonymous said...

nikmat perasa? euw! loya tekak! *gag*

oh ... i was taking advantage to cool off a bit while waiting to knock off for the night. unusual for me to be up past 9pm. ;)

mag.nolia said...

U know what, I've seen that movie on one of the cable channels, but I've never seen it from start to finish...!! :D Blame it on my short-attention span.

Hey, that roti kaya man is so freaking disgusting!!!! EWWWW! Please, for the love of God, don't patronize! Go report to the... I dunno lah who, maybe the Health Ministry or something. I'm like you too, if the kitchen is visible, I'll be observing. Fortunately the kaya toast I've been buying from Coffee & Toast at CBD area looks very clean and the aunties put on gloves and separate cutting boards. But then never know, a few lice might've dropped into my toast too. Ewww...

madame blossom said...

yt,

masyaallah - look at the time now. I SHOULD be sleeping!

hart,
i find it to be an interesting movie - about the human mind.

aunties pakai gloves is much better than that man with the blackened bandage finger!
believe me, sesungguhnya takde niat lagi nak patronise from that shop, errr. except for can drinks.