Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Woman in distress

Saturday, I managed to complete quite a lot of tasks at home, in the morning, albeit the stress I felt. Then I sent my girls to their cuz place, before I went for my classes.

At night after class, Pink, teddie and baby nur, followed me to my car cause I thought oklah jugak send them back, since I was going to pick my girls up in the east. When we got to my car, SHOOTS! the hazard light was blinking. It was ON for what?...the last 7-8 hours!?!

Anyway, all of us got in the car. I turned off the hazard lights. Then teddie kata, she needs to buy food for her parents.. oklah kita semua got back out, gi kat kedai makan yang berdekatan to minum2 while tapau food is being prepared. Then one of the girls pointed to my scarf, my favourite brooch was not on my tudung anymore. It must have dropped somewhere. Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. Ok lah.. tak kisah.

Dah minum2 and makanan da dapat, we went back to the car. Everyone got in, and I started the car.

The sound of a 'semput' car greeted us. The car wouldn't start. No prize for guessing, it must be the battery. MasyaAllah.. my first time.

At that point, tak ingatlah pulak apa nama benda wire panjang tu yang boleh help to start the car. Pink and teddie offered to go around the carpark, pouncing on approaching people to ask if they have 'that thing/wire that can help start a car'. Nobody did.

Pink, macam news photographer, boleh sempat pulak amik gambar this damsel in distressI dread to call hubby, cause dia dah berapa kali pernah warn.. 'Don't forget to turn off the car lights.. nanti battery abis' And now that sort of thing really happened. Anyway, talipon aje lah..

At that time, Pink and Baby Nur dah terduduk kat the curb macam orang mintak sedekah. Kebetulan, Pink's friend with her family passed by where we were. (By the way, si Pink ni.. kita kat mana2 pun, mesti ada aje orang yang kenal dia, kalah superstar. But last night, it was very much welcomed.) Kawan dia tanyalah what happened blah blah, then diorang kata diorang ada jump start cable. Yes! THAT'S the thing! GREAT! Alhamdulillah.

Nak dipendekkan cerita yang panjang ni, kereta pun boleh lah start. We thanked the people profusely. We all got back into my car. As I was about to close the door, I found my favourite brooch, just outside the car door. Alhamdulillah again!

Picked up my girls late, but they were ok. By the way, classes were also good.

Itulah cerita dia semalam.

The funny (as in weird) thing is, despite the 'mishaps' that happened, the happy endings, made me feel that it was a good day for me. Yup, ada hikmah disebaliknya.
=)

4 comments:

Lady_A said...

Hi sis! How are ya? Hope u and family are doing fine. Hope to meet up again soon..

madame blossom said...

Hi Ann,

I'm fine, alhamdulillah. Sure insyaAllah can meet up. Hope baby is doing fine!

and nanti I tengok2 kuih2 u eh?

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Salam sis, What a wonderful reminder! I also want to try and meet those targets that you mentioned. Ramadan Mubarak! 8)

madame blossom said...

ok.. u referring to the free offer post.. Yes, me too!

Ramadan Mubarak to you too!