Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, September 01, 2006

A for Adaptibility

Before anything.. ME, nanti hubby balik, jgn lupa siapkan MAKAN!! Semalam, sampai dekat 12midnight, baru teringat nak tanya, if he wants to eat! Tak ke parah si ME ni..

Actually time dia balik tu, ada tutor kat luar, and dia pun belum mandi lepas badminton (oh.. dia memang macam2 sports). And I got carried away in my cyberworld. CEH!!

Now, back to the topic.

*****

Very adaptable. Adaptable to my surroundings, to the people around me. It's good and bad.

Bad, because that means I'm easily influenced. Especially when I was young(er). I see how my chameleon state brought me everywhere not good.

Now, I am more conscious. So even though I can adapt, I have more or less, been able to restrain myself, where it's not appropriate. Ter-slip sometimes, but recover jugak ah. Alhamdulillah.

It's my regret that I don't meet the people I meet now, when I was young(er). For if I did, I'm sure I would have had more chance to travel, meet more people, learn and do more good. I think my youth was almost totally wasted dgn benda2 yang really, really tak mendatangkan hasil for me or anybody, in general.

Except for the experience. Of course, I can turn the experience, into something good.. I can analyse why I was how I was, and use that to understand and relate to the youth today, especially to my children.

Thank God, I met my hubby. A turning point for me. But it's important to note that the change is lillah, not for hubby, but he was the catalyst. ;p InsyaAllah, changes that is lillah, have low possibility of relapse, especially if you keep to your solat.

So when did I become a 'cover girl'?
Just before I married him. He didn't even ask me to, actually. I just felt a sudden need to cover (jaga aurat, as I knew it then), as an obligation to myself and to God.

For God made us females, berharga. Nak tengok? Nak pegang? Bayar dulu.. complete with strict conditions on the male to look after the girl, give nafkah, mesti support anak, rights to his wealth if any etc etc... Then why should females go around giving herself away for free shows and free trials kan? Don't 'take heart' for those yg belum jadi cover girls. For I was once uncovered too. I guess u need to seek it, that feeling, that 'calling'. Allahu'alam. Hmm..ok, let's pray that we can instill this idea into our daughters. Ameeen.

**ps: actually besok mid exams for last 2 papers. bukan dia nak bljr!! update blog pulak!? but..but..tak dapat tangkap mood bljr.. susah betul.. mood dia macam lalat.. susah nak tangkap. I'm in the mood to write, write what i WANT to write, not what I'm suppose to write (or study!) Oh, and I also owe someone an email...

4 comments:

Freak and Geek said...

hei there..

good luck for test today... break a leg!

madame blossom said...

hi FG,

I broke a leg! err.. i mean I did ok..I think. at least boleh pass. =D alhamdulillah.

Tried to cramp 2 subjects, 3 topics each, since last night and this morning - almost 'literally' felt the brain was FULL.. cam dah tak boleh masuk lagi..

Skrg relieved.. it's over. Tapi tengah migraine - the brain overworked.

Sofian said...

Hi Blossom,
This may sound stupid coming from a GRO like be, but here goes...

What you said made a lot of sense i.e. girls should not give away 'free trials' before they are married. I liked the way you said it, too. But alas, I guess its too late for me.

madame blossom said...

hi esah,

no..no.. never say too late, and never say never! =D

it's not the end till the end (mati). Until then.. nobody knows what is our end.
(this is beginning to sound like one lame poem....) the good can become bad, and the bad, good. Pray for the best.

Have a good day dear!