Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the mission

So, the last two days, I was assigned to be an emcee for my company's regional IT conference. I have never been an emcee before (as far as I can remember well.. actually I can't recall if I have ever actually emceed a D&D event before, or if I had only been the organiser, and not the emcee).

When I was first informed that the director had asked me to become one, I was most surprised. And the first thing that went through my mind was that this is a chance for me to 'show' of a 'covered' Muslim woman's existence in the IT arena, and insyaAllah, the ability to communicate well - to the many country representatives from Asia & Oceania in the conference.

Alhamdulillah, these two days went well, and 2-3 of the conference participants actually came up to me to say that I did well (masyaAllah), and that it was quite professional.. aaand.... that I have a nice voice. Muahaha.. I seriously did not think so before that. :p

Seriously, it was all unexpected, and I can only say, masyaAllah and alhamdulillah. I hope my 'mission' was accomplished.

1 comment:

Yara said...

Erni,

I am sure you do have a nice voice despite not having heard it before... =)

Alhamdulillah your mission was accomplished as expected (I think).