Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Sunday, November 01, 2009

15 cm above the ground

Sometimes, I feel like I'm out of this real world.
But then, what IS the real world?

The real world is neither what we see in movies, nor is it what we see in our bustling cities and the adverts on radio, tv, billboards everywhere.

It's quite tricky to stay grounded. And it's quite tricky to pen your inner thoughts when your daughter is next to you humming Michael Jackson's Who Is it.

She has gone out now.

Yes, it's quite tricky to stay grounded with the real purpose of life, when you are being bombarded with all these distorted images and views about what successful life means.

When I'm watching movies or after I watch a movie, I have to keep reminding myself of what those really are. They are just exaggerated and overblown normal events that happen to everyday people. And I'm just talking about dramas.. not even the overly fictitious characters and stories like super heroes, science fictions, vampires and what-nots.

That's what drama is - exaggerated feelings and reactions to overblown normal events.

If I'm having some issues with these.. I wonder how it is for the younger ones, who don't have clear notions of what is real and what is made up.. what is purely, wastefully entertainment only and what actual life is about.

It's no wonder then, that a LOT of people have distorted expectations of life or people around them, of their spouses and their parents and their children. Poor us, always trying hopelessly to be what we will never be able to achieve in this world. In these area and in this sense, we are always.. close to the ground but not really grounded.

We need to shake ourselves into alertness every now and then.

No comments: