Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, September 12, 2008

thirsty

The medication that I got from the doctor, for running nose, seems to have the effect of drying up the nostrils. It's doing such a good job, that it also dried up my throat!
It was only 8am this morning, and I was already feeling how dry my throat is.

Suddenly teringat pulak pasal padang Masyar, I wonder how thirsty we will be then. Then I also remembered The Road to Mecca, how Asad got lost in the desert for 2-3 days, without water. How he thought, he would die there. His description of extreme thirst, was very vivid, you can almost feel him.

The thirst I have, is nothing at all, in comparison.
InsyaAllah, i'll survive the throat draught sampai maghrib.

2 comments:

Zee SHK said...

this entry reminds me of the heat in madinah. how blistering, how dry .. yet the yearn to be there again thickens.

madame blossom said...

:) I hope I can go there too.