Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, September 18, 2008

status : picking up trash in dresses

Sometimes I don't know why I do what I do. Like updating my online status with something that only I myself know what it means. Or perhaps some other close ones can guess. What is the purpose?

Oh, I know.. I think it is to remind myself of this state I'm in.. but if it is not such a good state, I shouldn't be reminding myself. Or perhaps, sometimes it just sounds so.... mysteriously nice. Yes, like making the state sound nicer.. and try to feel better about it. It's like putting flowers on mud or picking up trash in dresses. Picking up trash in dresses is taken from a song - A beautiful mess. Nice song.

I'm having PMS. currently.. the 'P' stands for perpetual. P which should stand for 'pre-', I had, a few days ago. Because it was kind of early, I wondered if it was depression. Then I found out. And I was sick. And so I was moody and sick and weak and all I wanted to do was to stay home and rot. Yup, I'm having PMS.

I was planning on making some kuihs. After that thing I wrote about 'I can cook, actually', I've err... inspired myself.. haha.. to actually cook or bake. So that day, the pie. And yup, now I am planning on making some kuih for raya.. even though my hubby cried 'alamak' when I told him that. You see, he is very particular about kuih tart. kuih tat. which is the correct spelling? kalau nak spell in malay, kuih tat lah eh? oh, whatever. Kuih tart dia, mesti perfect, inti lebih2. Anyway, I'm still getting some from cik alin, as back-up plan.

So, this saturday, I was am planning on making kuih makmur. One of my favourite old school kuih. I remember helping my late grandmother when I was very young. Allah bless her soul and forgive ALL her sins, Ameen. I want to feel that atmosphere again, or let my girls feel the atmosphere.. the aroma of a kitchen in which kuih raya is made.

So, anyhow, I was looking for the recipe for this kuih, online. And guess what... (..what?). There are so many different recipies for just kuih makmur. Every one I looked up is different. Ranging from the simple tepung, ghee, kacang - to the ones having more than 10 ingredients, including putih telur, vanilla essence and what not. I think I'll try the middle range, about 5-7 ingredients. Well, pray that I succeed.... or even start.

Yes, I'm still having pms.

Oh...why don't I post pictures. I have loads.

This is more or less like what I'm feeling now..
10-09-2008


These are the roads I pass thru to pick Aida up.. she's my new neighbour and her workplace is on the way home. So I pick her up sometimes. And I like the roads.. this one I call the enchanted forest.
the enchanted forestaida street

Then, these pics are from last week, when we iftar at Cik Nyah's place.
memberswith familymacam janjiattacking fries


I like this.. it's banana in something very sweet... i forgot what it's called.. salak lepak? pisang lepak? or, the modern name we discussed, pisang spa.
pisang spa

shalin is cute. she must be very thirsty.
giant bottle


nibble, only Hadi and Eema tried. They say it's a bit ticklish at first, then it's quite nice.
nibble nibbleblack and whitehanaa

Happy fasting and happy iftaring later.

4 comments:

Zee SHK said...

PMS? Depressed? Sick? Jom .. pi pedicure :)

madame blossom said...

:D that thought is tempting.. not the pedicure exactly.. but the idea of being pampered.

nak blanja? :p

Zee SHK said...

hee. why not babe? after pedicure session, u can buy me coffee at coffee bean :) then both of us will be beaming - from head to toe(s) (literally).

Marliza Radzi said...

hahaha comelnya gambar botol susu besar!