Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, September 12, 2008

maiden pie

Yesterday, after numerous phone calls to cik alin (thank you cik alin!), I managed to make chicken pie! And it's edible!*
I think the only flaw is that, the filling was not thick enough.

I started preparing the ingredients from about 3pm onwards. By the time I finished making the pie, at about 5pm, I felt very tired and my whole body was aching (thanks to the flu). The last step was to brush the top with egg and put it in the oven.. But I felt I had no more strength to do a single thing, at that moment.

I went to rest. The thought of doing some more things, seems a bit unbearable. But to leave the chicken pie at this stage is absurd. Tinggal masuk kat oven aje.

6pm, I forced myself up to complete the task.

Alhamdulillah, akhirnya jadi :)



p.s. the word *edible, reminds me of a line by Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :
"See children? Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible! But that my children, is called cannibalism; and that is frowned upon in most societies">

8 comments:

redtide said...

salaam 'alaik..

mmm, looks good..ish ish..cobaan..

talk about not being able to cook!? =)

Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah, finally i get to see the chicken pie! woah! ok, the next time we are at Raintree, bake for us k sis!

=)

madame blossom said...

redtide,

:D itulah.. i have to justify myself.. can cook, when need to or want to, with lots of references.

fiza,
nak cari mood nak buat ni semua, ada sikit punya tricky. but anyway, you can always try asking me again. :p

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

eh, tau masak? =D

madame blossom said...

selama ni memang tau la.. masak nasi, masak air, masak maggi..

Anonymous said...

hi luv,

kot kot u tak dengar my komen malam tu, isshhy power seh ur chicken pie. cuma takut kena tunggu setahun lagi baru dapt rasa lagi...

bluewonder said...

looks good in pic...and I bet it tastes as good too.

salam ramadahan

madame blossom said...

Hi syg
=D this is a pleasant surprise!
the next pie eh... I think I'll be making it again, in less than a year's time la, insyaAllah :p


blue,
Salam Ramadan.
Kata diorang, rasanya ok lah.. alhamdulillah :)