Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, September 01, 2008

I need to lose some weight

Yes, perhaps I really shud shed some fats, especially around the tummy area.

Some man offered me his seat on the train just now. I'd like to think it was because he was a real gentleman, or perhaps just mesmerised by me. But I'm quite sure it was because he thinks I'm pregnant. :S


****

Someone recommended dear Pink, a book and we checked it out at Harris last week. Pink read a few random paragraphs aloud, which sounded to me like they are quite intellectual. So we agreed we should get the book.

eat pray love. It's a narration of the author (elizabeth gilbert)'s despairs, joys and experiences in food, religion and relationship. I'm still half way thru. I finished the Italy (eat) part - which was quite funny.

Now I'm coming to the India or religion part.

She was talking about getting closer to Jesus or krishna or buddha or yahweh or Muhammad (SAW), in one sentence. It seems to me that she thinks that Muslims worship Muhammad SAW. Now, that is a big sign that she doesn't understand Islam at all.

With this error and the emphasis on yoga as a form of her worship basically - I'm getting a bit uncomfortable reading this.

To top that up, as I was holding the book face down just now, I read the reviews on the back cover. I saw one that said "A good read. I can't get away from it. - Britney Spears, Glamour"

Britney Spears?? If I had read that at the bookshop - there is a very very very high chance that I would not have gotten the book.

Biased? yes maybe, because I just can't imagine that britney spears and I could or would have totally anything in common - even a liking for the same book.

Buuuut....since the book is already bought, I guess I'll still finish the book, during my short train rides. I may speed along on the religion part and get to the relationship part, asap. Then I'll see how it is, overall. InsyaAllah.

2 comments:

Zee SHK said...

Nak lose weight? Puasa saje lah. I do not mean only in Ramadan, but detox your body twice weekly - at least. Guaranteed to work and most importantly, to MAINTAIN.

madame blossom said...

yes babe. insyaAllah. azam ada.. , yes azam ada.

now for the next step..