Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A disclaimer on o-k

I'm normally an at-least-2-letters-answer person. Meaning, I'll avoid answering a person with just 1 letter. I don't answer 'k' or 'y' in sms or instant messaging. Unless, it's unavoidable, like if you're asked, 'what letter comes after j?'

If I have to answer with just one word, then it will be at least 'Ok' or 'Why?' But, if my answer involves a sentence, then, I might use single letters e.g. 'So y do u do that?'

Somehow for me, that's how I express that I care for what was said and that I am not just giving my half attention.

But no, I have no negative impression, or at least I hold them back, on people who DO answer with the single letters. Husnuzon. So no worries.

Lately however, the 'o' on my laptop keyboard, at the office - is a little bit faulty. It's seeking more attention from me - I have to strike it a little bit harder than other letters. Sometimes, I'd forget and it refuses to come out even though I've typed it. And you know.. I'm super-fast sometimes, I would have already hit the 'enter' key before realising the 'o' didn't come out in 'ok'.

So, if you're on YM with me, and you see me answer 'k' - please know that I am NOT being 'lazy' or nonchalant.

6 comments:

Mak Su said...

oH, dun wori. i m oK

Yara said...

Not only do I not use single letter answer like k and y but most of the time I write full sentences, even for sms. People say I am too longwinded that way but that's the way it is.

zino said...

salam kenal.. its OK..

Pak Tuo said...

Salam Blossom and family,

Bila nak mai rumah?

Wassalam

Anonymous said...

throughout our conversations in YM,i'm glad u haven't miss out the 'O' but well ok, i won't mind either. haha.

;)

madame blossom said...

su,
yes OK! :p

Yara,
I think we need that.. takut lama2 orang dah tak tahu spell yang betul. :D

zino,
salam!

Pak tuo,
Salam.. haih.. rumah yang kat spore pun macam susah nak pegi.. apa lagi kat seberang.
but never say never kan.. insyaAllah, bila ada kesempatan.

fiza,
dgn u.. i jaga o baik2.. :D