Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, November 08, 2007

high standard

i think i can only say 'the standard is too low for me, if I go into kindergarten or P1 and 2. Even in P3.. there are some things taught that I probably have forgotten or is totally new to me.. so I cannot say standard too low pun..

Or sometimes.. we THINK we know better, but actually we don't know much.. and you'll only know how much you DON'T know when you learn - and you realise, that there is SOOOOOO much, that you really do not know.

Or sometimes, there are some areas you probably do know well, but there are other areas, which you NEED to know and learn, so that you can apply what you do know, better.

Impatience can also lead a person to claim that a standard is too low, just because she thinks she knows the beginning.

In any case, i think the use of the words 'the standard is too low for me' - does not strike well with me. Even if it is somehow true.. it reflects to me, some kind of arrogance, which aku macam tak boleh angkat.

Only Allah knows best, if any standard is too low for us.


رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
"O my Lord! advance me in knowledge."


Oh well... have a look at another beautiful sky.
See the different shades of blue, the different shades of the clouds and it's textures.
Subhanallah.

3 comments:

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

mentioning about impatience, my impatience costed me $200.

i bought a new hp about 2 weeks ago.

and this week the price got slashed by $200 as they introduced a predecessor model to the lineup.

then again my old one was giving up already, orang dulu-dulu kata dah tengah nazak pun. so i guess its not really impatience eh. and also not forgetting thats technology. its hard to keep up with the latest.

im still a long way to mastering redha. the "what-if"ers are really doors for syaitan to enter.

Yara said...

I agree wholeheartedly with your observations Erni. Saying that "standard is too low" does border on arrogance and self-conceit. I try my best to refrain from saying such words but then again as a human being, I must admit that at times I fall into Satan's trap anf become self-indulgent in what I already know and only come to my senses when I think of Allah as all knowing. Alhamdulillah, as the years go by, this happened less and less.

madame blossom said...

hairil the spiderman_pink,

yeah.. don't think too much about that. memang kalau kita tahu semua. our life will be perfect.

So.. what phone??

yara,
i think the thing is.. most of the time, we are semi conscious of what we say and do. But i guess, as we age, we can guess what other think or feel, and how our words and actions impact others, and we try to be more conscious as time goes by.

I'm not perfect either. I also have caught myself, saying some things that MAY reflect badly on myself or affect others.

ermm.. so.. we just continue to work on it. insyaAllah.