Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Sunday, October 29, 2006

this raya

Lebih 2 bulan yang lalu..
---------------------------------
She : "I was thinking, why don't we both tempah baju dengan Uncle Haron for hari raya nak?"
Me : "Hmm.. you mean suruh dia design kan kita, and then kita nanti pakai baju almost macam sepasang eh?"
She : "YA!"
baju by haron

This raya I noticed..
-----------------------------
1. Blue drinks.
... in almost every house.
Is that the 'in' drink?

2. My hubby's green suit and the samping pelekat.
I like.

3. My girls want to be like me.
1st day tu, masyaAllah, diorang sendiri insist nak pakai tudung, same style like me.

4. Hadi getting taller.
I'm quite sure by next raya, my son will be taller than me.

5. Not perpetually full
this year, I managed to eat lesser than last year. this year, I don't feel perpetually full for up to a week, like i did last raya.
this year slightly better - i just don't feel hungry much. :)

Other than that, the biasa2 raya stuff.. of course very happy la, jumpa mak/bapak, aunties, uncles, bros, sisters, cuzs, niece/nephews, kucing, and keluar ramai2 jalan satu singapore. Needless to say, the children enjoyed the most. Weekend nanti masuk JB pulak.

Oh by the way, dear ppl whom I meet personally, if you have noticed by now, I'm not good with the short raya 'speech' that comes with every salam. You know, the 'selamat hari raya ya.. kalau ada tersilap, terkata, terumpat, terlompat, ter ter ter... blah blah blah.." Some people can stand there a whole 2-3 minutes, going on with all these ter-things. But I just can't. SERIOUS. I don't know how to. I don't feel like it's me.

The most that I can mutter is 'Selamat hari raya. Maaf zahir batin'. Even kat mak bapak ku, and bapak dan ibu mertua ku. Lame, I know. But of course, memang pun, i DO seek your forgiveness if i have hurt you in one way or another. (hmm.. can we do that in omputeh?)

Oh yeah another thing.. wouldn't it be nice, if after the 1st few days, kalau pun nak jalan raya, boleh tak pakai casual, macam nak gi kerja? Tak payah pening kepala pikir baju glamour apa nak pakai yang orang belum nampak raya ni.. Pakai jeans aje boleh? No?


















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i like....

have been waiting for ur updates tau!

ur pictures did wonders to ur entry this time. i like the last pic best - the pics of ur whole family, v sweet ...

eid mubarak, darling sis!

Sofian said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Raya. Good on you. Yeah, I noticed the blue drinks here in Mengkarak, too. And how almost everyone was wondering (sometimes out loud) if there is a special someone in my life. For the time being, I buat tak layan.

Sahalfikri said...

seronoknya ada kamera.. i wish i have the 'good' one.. sbb skrg ada gak tp cikai punya n i'm dreaming of having a nikon camera with a zoom lense at a price of RM3+++.. hahaha mahalnye.. tak tau lagi bila leh dapat.

anyway pic speaks better than word kekadang tuh..may i call u kak? boleh la kann sbbnya kak dah kawin n ada anak, btul kan (u r the one wif blue tudung kann?)

seronoknye rayer...k la kak, sy pun dah letak ur blog as a link in my blog.. sronok plak makin ramai rakyat temasek jenguk blog saya..hehe

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Salam sis

I also not good at hari raya "speech"...with my mom and in-laws, all I could mutter is Selamat Hari Raya & maaf zahir batin. 8)

Btw, I love the pics - your children dah besau.

madame blossom said...

soul,
da lama sey tak amik gambar family.

esah,
you're back! biasa lah eh.. sure they ask u about marriage. cepat dik.. gi kawin and live regularly ;)

sahalfikri,
you can call me 'kak' if you like, I also accept kak erni, kak blossom, blossom, blos... blossom thunda! or erni.
(=D have you watched cat in the hat b4?)

memang syiok ada camera.. especially good one. $3000?? so expensive nyer? i think mine was about around $800, few years back. by now maybe cheaper.

tks for the link. org temasek like me, memang suka go across the causeway, by road, by air or on the internet.

BQ!
kita gang la.. short and sweet during hari raya salams.

lama hilang.. tak update2 ur blog pun? memang my children dah besar - kejap eh? tapi diorang da besar shiok ah, mak diorang da boleh enjoy sikit ;p

Anonymous said...

*LOL* blue drink is my boys' latest craze! baru hari tuh sebat 2 botol besar fr SSS (sheng siong supermkt).

this is the only year yang i minta maaf with my parents tak hujan lebat, tau. selalunyer macam tap water. *heh* and like you and BQ, i pon cumer ckp samel old thing. my dad as always, panjang berjela, potong steam betol.

p/s: you so very the awet muda. *looks at self and sigh*

madame blossom said...

YT,

blue drinks - tapi ada yang gassy, some are not.. yang penting dia blue.

Sempena raya season ni, i pun mula berkeinginan nak minum air gas pulak. Kalau tak, slalu macam 'eeeh.. tak nak ah!'

part mintak2 maaf tu.. kadang i punya short aje kan.. then the other person panjang2.. the problem is I tak tahu nak buat apa dgn muka I ni.. nak senyum? nak buat muka serious? muka sedih? takut pulak ternampak muka yang mengatakan "oklah oklah.. get to the point man!" =D. ish.. but seriously, i hormat diorang tu semua. ;)

p.s. masyaAllah.. kita semua kan awet muda dalam hati :-P

Anonymous said...

wah sis... bergaya la dier... and you look so sweet.... esp in the family potrait.. mcm secondary girl hehehehehe

neway... slamat hari raya...

madame blossom said...

ah?!?! secondary girl? alalala.. u know, i can become MAK secondary girl tau, kalau i kawin muda2.

i pulak suka u punya cheeks.. macam nak cubit :p

Anonymous said...

mine is the blueberry drink yang cordial. tak suka gas. :)

p/s: orang kecil-molek nih kan selalunya memang cute selalu berbanding dengan orang yang tall and big. haiz ...walau bagaimanapun alhamdulillaah. *ehehe*