Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, October 02, 2008

post raya update

*excerpt from an email and edited*

"Hello dearest,

How r u today? I bet you're quite tired today, surely? Cause I am.

So finally.. kek lapis tu jadi jugak.. cuma kaler tak prominent - so it didn't really stand out. but the lapising.. was OK. :) alhamdulillah. maybe I'll try again. Also the kek gulung, jadi la jugak.

Then I had to help my MIL cook for raya. Previous years kan rus aje yg tolong kat MIL's place.. I just had to anyam ketupats. Now that MIL's here, and Rus is not around.. I had to tolong la - kesian.

I worked my hands and fingers so much - making those small cookies (the makmur, tarts, cornflakes), cutting loads of ingredients (paru, daging, kacang panjang). So much so that, yesterday - i saw a bruise behind my thumb, kat the lower bone join situ. It was (still is..) reddish all around.. i thot i had accidentally rubbed my fingers on some make up ke apa ke.. but I don't have anything that was red camtu. When I pressed a bit.. rasa discomfort sikit. Seriously.. i didn't know that the joints can get bruised from overexertion..."




This bruise became like a 'trophy' for me. I was showing it off to almost anyone who would care to pretend to be interested.

This raya, I didn't get any bunga api for the kids.. was a bit busy, although I had wanted to. :-\ But that's ok.



More raya pics here - updated until raya ends.
Raya sebulan kan? :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah for the bruise - it shows that you worked very hard =)

Rub lightly with some ointment, insyaAllah it will be better.

Miss u! *hugs*

MHB said...

hope the bruise is gone already? :-) I've posted the choc chip recipe on my comment box... hop over and check it out!!

Anonymous said...

buat kueh tart & cornflakes lagik, boleh..?

Marliza Radzi said...

woah bukti kerajinan tu ;D

madame blossom said...

mhb,

thanks, the bruise is gone by now and I got the recipe! will try that soon, insyaAllah. :)

fiza,
tengah contemplating that.. nak cari time..

am,
heh.. itulah dia.

Unknown said...

Alhamdulillah...
It was well worth it. I tried all the stuffs you made and they were GOOD....Shud have to;ld me abt bunga api. We had loads this year from Joe's contact...