Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

so near, yet so far

* --> updated 20/12/07 *

Disclaimer : very very very long post.

There is another lesson I learnt while in KL this time, from the following incident.

I was alone, in a cab, on the way to meet Anis at the Curve. I was suppose to msg her when I reach the place. The last msg I just got from her was '.. be safe'.

InsyaAllah, only in just a few minutes, I'll see her.

When the cab reached there, I paid the driver and got out of the cab.
As the cab moved away, I realise I had *#@(#$@ left my handphone in the cab!
I felt like running after the cab, but it moved away too fast. Takde traffic jam pulak, when I needed one!!

Hubby said later, I should have taken off my shoe and throw it at the cab. Now, i imagine THAT would have created quite a scene, plus I don't know if I can aim well. My shoe would probably end up NOT hitting the cab, I'd be lucky if it didn't hit any other car. It'll end up on the road, getting run over by other cars - then trying to get into the middle of the road to retrieve it - now, that would be another daring act.
So, NO, i didn't think of that.

err.. wait. I think I DID think of that for a split sec. But I stopped at 'THAT would have created quite a scene' and dumped the thought.

My first second thought was to immediately call the msian number I was using, but oh.. the hp is IN THE CAB! I walked into the nearby hotel to get help from the hotel staff. But.. great! I didn't even remember the msian number! Luckily the hotel staff agreed to make a call to hubby's singapore no, because he has that msian number. The first few times, they say they can't get thru, and finally when they did, 15-20 mins must have passed.

I told hubby to call my number hoping that the nice pakcik driver would hear it, answer it and send it back to me.
I paced around the Hotel (must have been like a mad or lost lady), and out of the hotel, to see if the cab has returned with my hp. I bothered the hotel staff again, to call hubby for an update. Hubby said, he called the number - someone picked up and turned it off.

There goes my handphone.

Then, oh.. Anis!..I don't remember her number also! How was I going to tell her that I've reached?? We were suppose to have met by then, I was there, with no way to contact her, and I totally had no idea where she'd be.
I walked around quite aimlessly - walked a bit around the Curve to see, if MAYBE she's waiting for me at some coffee joint ke..

MasyaAllah! to think that we were like, going to meet each other in a FEW minutes, and suddenly it seems IMPOSSIBLE to actually meet her, although we were in the same place! There were so many people around. The place was very NICE but i was too worried and anxious, to admire and take pictures (and i can't anyway... i lost my camera AND hp!!).

I was a bit fedup that I had left my hp, and I was worried that there was no way of contacting her and I probably won't meet her! She'd be waiting, worried sick about me! What would she be thinking? I was hoping that she wouldn't think that I'm some psycho who played some silly trick on her.

While walking around, i remembered that sometimes, on YM.. her status wud be 'Im on SMS'. So I figured perhaps if I can logon to yahoo from SOMEWHERE or somebody's laptop, I can msg her!. I approached this pony tailed guy, with a laptop. He doesn't have YM.

I walked around some more and suddenly had the idea of calling Hadi at the hotel and ask him to logon to my yahoo and msg her. But there is no PAY phone around!! I ended up at Border's Starbucks, tired from worrying and being anxious. Ordered my drink, then dengan muka tebal, asked the not-so-bad-looking-barista, if I could use his handphone. He was very nice, and let me use the hp twice, then let me hold on to his handphone, for almost as long as I was there.

I sat near the window, hoping that IF she was walking around, she'd see me. I still can't believe at how close I was to meeting her, before it suddenly became almost impossible.

Hadi said, there was no reply to the YM msg.

I was also thinking about how I could pass the stuff I brought for her, since I would probably not be seeing her, this trip. I decided to pass it to the barista at Starbucks, so that she could perhaps come on another day to pick it up.

I sat there for nearly an hour, contemplating on the events of the day. Lost my camera in the day, lost my hp, and wud probably not meet Anis. All, not according to MY plan, but according to His. MasyaAllah.

I gave up hope on meeting her that night. So I wrote a note and put it with the stuff. I left it with the barista, who kindly agreed to hold on to it until it's collected, and gave me his number.

It was 9pm already, and a cab was going to pick me up at 930pm. Before I left that place, I decided to repay the barista's help, by buying him a prepaid reload coupon. So I walked out, looking for 7-11.

"Kat sebelah Maybank aje" a couple of boys said, when I asked them.
Then, they gave me directions, on how to get to Maybank/7-11.

I walked slowly to the store, got in, bought the reload coupon, walked out. I wanted to get to Starbucks the shorter way, so I walked in front of Maybank.

Then I saw this lady, just outside the bank.
Oh my God. That can't be Anis...

MasyaAllah, but it WAS!!

She saw me too. and of course we were both surprised and soooo relieved. We hugged each other, like some long lost sibling who just met. Questioning and explaining, very fast and in high pitch voices..(.and I suddenly wondered what the people at the ATMs were thinking, looking at us.)

Then we both let out a loooong sigh of relieve, as if on cue. (..which happened again in the car, on the way to KL)

NOW, what seems impossible just a few minutes ago, has suddenly happened! I met her, - just out of our so-called coincidences! - more like..by Allah's plan and will.

Until today I am still awed, at how, masyaAllah, the possible became impossible, then the impossible became possible all in one night.


To cut the already-very-long-story short, she finally sent me back to KL and we had LATE dinner there instead. hah.

After the ordeal, it was EXTRA nice and sweet to have met her and spent some time with her. Alhamdulillah. :)



1, 2, 3.
*long sigh of relieve*


p.s. 20/12/07 --> actually I'm reminded of an ayat:

If Allah do touch thee with hurt, there is none can remove it but He: if He do design some benefit for thee, there is none can keep back His favour: He causeth it to reach whomsoever of His servants He pleaseth. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Al Quran, Yunus 10:107


:| Subhanallah.

5 comments:

Marliza Radzi said...

subhanallah! :)

saya juga menghembus nafas lega di penghujung pembacaan entri ini. amat lega! :)

Sue said...

errr....actually kan kan kan. I was wondering kenapa hp ada kat dlm cab. U did not left your handbag too rite? U letak hp tu on the seat aftr using ke? or just a case of hp tercicir dlm cab?

madame blossom said...

am,

=D me too! again.

minah,
i tak bawak bag, cuma hp aje i pegang, oh dgn plastic bag.. duit semua dalam pocket. time nak bayar pakcik drebar tu, i think i put my phone at the side.. da bayar..lupa nak amik :(

Zee SHK said...

so babe .. what happened to the phone now? sudah jadi hikayat? i like ur ending though. oh so touchy. yes u r right.. if God plans for it to happen, anything can happen. Kun Faya Kun!

madame blossom said...

zee,

talipon tu da jadi sejarah. :|