Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, December 13, 2007

my password

my office is very serious about ISM - Internal Security Management.

Every morning, I have to go through 4 passwords, just to get to my emails.

Not only that, these many many passwords that we have, must be regularly changed. some ONCE A MONTH! and some 3 months once. It's quite a chore to think of new ones. My colleague was saying that he's run out of passwords that he can remember, "I already used my father, mother, daughter, grandfather, grandmother's name, birthday all!".

*Of course, family names are actually not good passwords.

So anyhow, for me, I remember most of my passwords.
Except for the HRMS system.

Because I seldom log into this system. But everytime I did, I'd have to reset my password, because I just don't seem to remember it.

I decided to do something about it. The next time I reset my password, I recorded the new password, so that I can check later. But I cannot stick my password on my desk, it'll fail ISM. It has to be in a safe place. To remind myself, I indicated the reminder in the URL bookmark.

A couple of weeks later, I had to use the HRMS system. I remember I saved my pw somewhere but don't remember where. I click on my internet bookmark, and there it says 'HRMS system - check email-reference for pw.'

"Aaaahh..smart!", I thought to myself. =D

Went to my email inbox, under reference folder, found HRMS reset password

I opened the email.

When I saw it, macam nak ketawa jugak. In the email, it says 'Look in drawer under cards for password'.

I seriously forgot that I did that.
True enough, I opened my drawer, and there under the cards, was my password.

Macam treasure hunt pulak.

Hmm..I amuse myself, sometimes.

4 comments:

Yara said...

Hee..hee..hee kelakar jugak eh. You have to go through all that to remember your password. At my worlkplace, I need to remember only 3 passwords and one of them need not be changed indefinitely. So, I need to change only 2 of te passwords every 3 months. So far, Alhamdulillah, belum pernah lupa password sebab the computer inside my head is still working fine. But I have a feeling, it might be sooner than later, that I shall forget my passwords one of these days. Perhaps, I should start doing what you did and prepare for the time when I really forget my password(s).

Marliza Radzi said...

hahaha comel!!!!!

BTW, tak ingatla, sis, nama kedai cina muslim tu, tapi it's near the cinema.

Mak Su said...

my pass-pass passwords were things on my table, such as "keyboard" "calendar" "bubbles" "telephone" etc... bila terlupa je, mata akan pandang benda2 atas meja...dan walla, ingat ler semua. hihihih

madame blossom said...

yara,

forgetting a certain password seems to be out of 'habit' rather than, just cannot remember. like a habit, not to pay attention to a certain password. But anyway.. da ingat da.. insyaAllah

am,
OK.. nanti kita tengok2.

su,
you play bubbles on your desk?