Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Is God a Mathematician?

When I'm at the library or bookshop kan, sometimes I'd browse through books that I think I am interested in, but don't think I'll finish reading, because it can be too dry.

Like the other day, I was browsing through these 2 interesting books : 'The Golden Ratio: The Story of PHI, the World's Most Astonishing Number ' by Mario Livio and the other one is 'Just Six Numbers: The Deep Forces That Shape the Universe' by Martin Rees.

I'm not going to bore you AND ME, with the details, but enough to say, scientists found that the universe were built on VERY specific numbers. If that specific number was any greater or smaller by the slightest bit, the universe would not have existed at all. Everything is ruled by specific numbers from atoms to growths and gases, light, speed, dimensions. Subhanallah! kan??

But we must be reminded, that man has very very LIMITED knowledge, and this is only what they have found. And Allah is All-Wise and All-Knowing.

And I believe, that if we are to increase our iman and aqidah, we need stop looking at our world through our own tiny keyholes pinholes, and start to be aware, and appreciate the creations in the heaven and earth, to understand the precision of it all, in order to understand how GREAT Allah is, to feel it, when we say 'Allahu Akbar'.

Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,

Al Quran, Al-Imran 3:190



Then, one of the chapter titles in the book, The Story of PHI, caught my attention. 'Is God a Mathematician?'

I didn't bother reading that chapter, because I know, whatever is going to be said in that chapter, is the conjecture, the guess, of a mere single man, this author.

And at once, when I read that question, I know I have the answer already, because God told us in the Quran.

Verily, all things have We created in proportion and measure

Al Qamar 54:49


Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High,
Who hath created, and further, given order and proportion;

Al A'la 87:1-2



Allahu Akbar!

2 comments:

Mak Su said...

Yang Maha Bijaksana

Marliza Radzi said...

Allahuakbar!

Happy New Year, sis!