Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, October 11, 2007

what's playing at mcd

Hari tu kan.. last Sunday.. we had to quickly go to McD because the food for sahur kat masjid, da habis. Maybe they didn't expect too many people to turn up.

Now guess what I heard playing on mcd's speakers..

I was hearing Quran recitations!

Apparently they had turned on to a local Malay station, which normally plays Quran recitations before azan for subuh..

Who would ever think that you'd hear the Quran playing at mcD?

*****************

Very soon, I'll have to help my MIL anyam ketupat.
You all know how to?

*****************

member2 opis


eema merajuk


motor atuk


nadh before iftar

nadh after iftar =D



iman, hadi's ONLY boy cuz, for now

5 comments:

Yara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yara said...

Salam Erni,

Quran recitations at McD....signs of the changing times I guess. Now there is more awareness amongst our fellow Singaporeans about the different faiths. I hope it is not for commercial reasons though.

All my life I have never ever anyam a single ketupat. I just eat them but never tried making one.

Salam lebaran to you and family. Maaf zahir & batin.

Also maaf for deleting the first comment due to some glaring typo errors.

Mak Su said...

makan tak pandai, belajar dah anyam ketupat tu, tapi tataaappp tak pandai. tak dak skill ler

bluewonder said...

Menganyam ketupat?? I have fond memories of that. When I was small (at atuk's house on the eve of raya) there would be a menganyam ketupat competition...uncles, aunties, siblings and cousins would all participate. Enjoy!!!

On hindsight I think atuk was clever in doing that..as he got a whole lot of ketupats in a matter of minutes!

Selamat menganyam

madame blossom said...

Yara,
i don't think the thing at mcd was 'official'.

mak su,
somebody has to learn.. nak kena carry on the tradition. bljr la.

bluewonder,
ur atuk IS smart. =D I shud do that next year.. with my kids. diorang tengah nak bljr anyam.