Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, October 05, 2007

stuck in my head

Over the last week or so, I find myself, sometimes, singing that Boyz to Men's song - which to me is R-rated. the title slips my mind and I don't mind.

I would be at the office, happily doing my work and then I realise I'm singing that sick song... and I'll stop myself, almost slapping myself actually.
Once i did. softly la.

Apasal sey, aku nyanyi lagu ni??.. It's not even in my list of least favourite song. I don't think I've heard it recently on the radio.

And so I've been wondering - why the fish is this stupid song stuck in my head?!?!?!

THEN, just now I discovered how it actually got into this head of mine.

Everyday, in the office, the receptionist would normally play a CD over the company's PA system. (apparently she doesn't change the CD everyday or week or..) It's VERY VERY SOFT. If you're talking or walking - sometimes you don't even realise that some music is playing.

So over the last - i don't know how many days or weeks or months - the same instrumental CD of some popular songs were played. OVER AND OVER AND OVER again throughout the whole day. Yes, the office is that boring.

The amazing thing is - I didn't even realise that instrumental version of the song was playing at all! I totally didn't notice it until just now. It SUBCONSCIOUSLY or UNCONSCIOUSLY got into my head.

Isn't it amazing? Subhanallah!

AND SO, from this accidental experiment, I've concluded my findings. Information CAN indeed be put into our minds, EVEN if we are not actually paying attention to it. But in this guinea pig's case, it had to be repeated over a period of a few many many days.

So, instead of that, I think I should plug myself to the Quran recitations, and let it play over and over again - quite softly.. even if I'm not really listening to every kalimah. Hopefully it'll help with my needed hafalan and the more needed subconscious reminders. :\

DO try it at home! or in the office!
Or anytime, anywhere.



A.L.I.F!!!!
Alhamdu lillah it's Friday!!

7 comments:

bluewonder said...

I think it happens to everyone..unconsciously humming songs/ tunes that we may not even like.

we should really try your suggestion!

take care

Yara said...

Salam Erni

That is why I always have this feeling that the subconscious mind is rather dangerous if not managed well. It makes people do or say things in an uncontrollable manner.

Good idea about the Quran recitations to get a positive effect.

A.L.I.F. to you too sis.

Sue said...

actually kan...I also didn't realise it until I started to hear certain surahs on my MP3 and, it really stuck in my head, Alhamdulilah.

Makes it a little bit easier for hafalan.

madame blossom said...

bluewonder,

ah ah betul. it's funny sometimes.. until it gets too often, it gets irritating.

take care too!

yara,

yes agreed. it's quite dangerous, but sadly, most people are letting their subconscious mind be influenced by the pretentious media. they watch tv day in day out - that also plays a part in shaping our mind.. subconsciously.
must be extra careful and be in control.

minah,
heh.. i pun need to hafal ah.. some of the short surah pun masih lupa2 lagi :"|

Marliza Radzi said...

betul betul!

madame blossom said...

salam am!

busy ke these few days? =D

Zee SHK said...

100% AGREED! At home, we play the I Look I See CD. In the car, we play the same CD. Sometimes, in my sleep, I would sing the songs out loud too. Cam mabuk gitu kan?