Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, October 04, 2007

ooh baby baby it's a wild world



Actually, I was having a lot of mixed thoughts and feelings.

Personally, I'm happy, contented, alhamdulillah.

But I can't help feeling sad and scared, thinking about the world we live in, the people we've become.

During the weekend, I read in the papers about Nurin.
Oh! how she suffered! I can't imagine the fear and pain the little girl must have gone through. I guess, in a way, it's good that Allah SWT took her back. She need not suffer the ways of these crazy wild world anymore. I mean, even if she had survived that ordeal - i still can't imagine the mental torture she'll have to carry with her throughout the rest of her worldly life.

While reading that article, I was also quite appalled by the reporter's silly questions to the parents, asking the mother if she misses Nurin. like.... HELLO?? If it was me being asked, i wouldn't even answer that stupidest question. that lady is now grieving the lost of her child and they come and disturb her, and ask her unnecessary and obvious questions like that. I think the family needs some PRIVATE time to handle their grief.

Then after that, I read the english NEW paper, a story about how the broadcasting company, were advising the parents to dress their child modestly during the competition organised by the company.

Mind you, it's not the parents asking that their child be dressed modestly. No, the parents want to flaunt their kids.

I've seen a bit of that show once.. 'one minute of fame' and i AM sometimes in disbelief at how the children, as young as 4-7 years old, are skimpily dressed, for the competition, and doing seductive adult moves. And, now i know, fully encouraged by their OWN parents!!!

And they wonder how paedophiles get funny ideas. They should put this article side by side with Nurin's case.

Have we lost our capacity to THINK and CHOOSE what's best for ourselves and our children?

Ya Allah, what a wild wild world we live in.
What foolish people we have become,
living our lives in a stupor.



Ya Allah, save our children in this life and in the Hereafter. Ameen

5 comments:

Yara said...

Salam Erni,

Yelah. I don't understand why the reporters cannot leave Nurin's family alone in their grief. Asking stupid questions with obvious answers some more.
I read about the skimpily clad kids too. Disgusting isn't it how some parents think? They talk about fear of paedophiles and all but they are guilty of encouraging these weirdos in the first place. Maybe they should also be punished together with the criminals because they are committing the biggest crime ever on their own children.

Sue said...

Actually I did wrote an entry abt this months ago....

Anyway...to think I read a comment frm a Mdm M****h

"....you can't cover up all the way. The costumes have to be hip to attract attention..."

..subhanallah malunya!!!

madame blossom said...

yara,

ah ah - the parents also played a part in feeding this kind of crimes. :((

minah,

kesiannyer dia to be stuck with that kind of idea.

covering up can be more attractive - attractive morally and win based on actual skills not using the 'sex sells' idea.. and on their CHILDREN some more.

very sad.

Marliza Radzi said...

ameen.

a wild world indeed :(

Zee SHK said...

ya Rabbi! I just posted a comment about Yusuf Islam's CD and then I scrolled down and read your WILD WORLD entry! What coincidence! OK back to basics > I totally agree with you in this matter. I cannot understand nape ibubapa Melayu cam bangga kalau anak2 kecil mereka begitu menyerlah in such competitions! I pray that I will not fall into that category AT ALL!