Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Totally moving

For almost 3 years now, we have been sitting in a 'temporary' place since this project started. Next week, we'll have to move back up to the 2nd floor.

Well, at least that will give me the needed 1 minute exercise at work every morning, walking up the stairs to the 2nd floor.

Sitting downstairs so far, has it's ups and downs. The 'ups' is that, the big bosses are all upstairs, so we are in a more relaxed area.

i can come in late EVERYDAY. Not that I WANT to.. but i've become complacent. But i do make up for it in the evening la, by going back later. Next week onwards.. Allah SWT help me.. I've been trying though.

Downstairs, lunch hour is any hour u feel like it actually - which is good. Because you should really eat ONLY when u're hungry and not because it's lunch time. oh man.. talking about lunch now, when I'm fasting... i'm hungrier. but insyaAllah can perservere. Down, nafsu, down!

ok, then the 'downs' of being downstairs, is that, i'm seated between the office main entrance and the big conference room. And I'm facing the walkway. Being in a Japanese company, they expect you to greet each visitor actually by bowing a bit.. saying hello or good morning or ohayo gozaimasu. It gets a tiring, disrupts my concentration, and it's irritating sometimes.

I have even contemplated coming up with a sensor device, that will play my recorded "hello" everytime someone walks pass. Brilliant idea right? I only have to look up and smile, if i'm not too busy.. or else, the person wud have thought that I said it and he responded late, so I have continued with my chat work.

But after further contemplation i scrapped the idea. Cause not only guests pass that way, my colleagues (still ok la), the tea-lady (still quite ok), the cleaner boy, the warehouse boy.. I couldn't risk them thinking I'm crazy. Plus what if they walked pass to and fro in a matter of minutes - and he hears "Hello".. Hello'.. then also.. what if 4-5 people all walk in a row.. the sensor device would have sounded 'hello, hello, hello, hello, hello" da macam record rosak and my 'smart' trick device wud have been discovered. Not good for my appraisal.

You can tell right, today, i'm not very busy (cannot say 'free').
Plus is pre-holiday.
Tomorrow Singapore National day mah..
No, I'm not wearing red.
No, I'm not wearing red tomorrow either. I think i DON't have any red t-shirts/shirts.

Yes, I'm bored.

Yes, I'm a bit sick.

Yes, I'm waiting for 5.20pm (cause i came in 5 minutes late today)

Ok.. i think i better start moving my stuff now.

InsyaAllah, I'm going to enjoy my loooooong weekend. And I hope u too. And maybe take some pictures in the toilet.. but before that.. finish my homework and hafalan.. insyaAllah. (da brpa kali aku cakap nak buat?)

*unplugged*

7 comments:

Mak Su said...

eeiuuuu, my meja is at the walkway, in the middle of the opis, so i am information counter utk manusia pekerja yang lost, kaunter mintak stapler, ruler etc, kaunter tanya nombor tipon etc... uish, rimaslah nak layan

madame blossom said...

oh ya.. i get that too sometimes.. jadi information counter.. tapi jarang-jarang.

lain kali u atur aje semua stationary yang biasa dia pinjam kat depat meja, jangan lupa ikat tali.. jadi diorang tak terus amik and never return..

=D

Anonymous said...

Best seh u can come in late :) Your Japanese bosses tak marah ke? I remember working with Japanese [bank] and everything was so meticulous, boleh jadi biol kita orang. Pakai pen pun tak boleh sembarang colour - u know lah, once in a while I like using purple, green, etc... *hehee* The funny part was, the locals gang up against the Japanese bosses *LOL* They all got so much drama lah... Sadly the only Japanese word I learnt was... Blossom SAN... :D Was only there for a year, so tak sempat... coz the bank came crumbling down and all the Japanese kena hantar balik negeri diorang.

Oh yea, your sensor greeting machine is a great idea!! :D I'm sure a lot of ppl in a similar situation will want one :)

mag.nolia said...

PS: Good luck with the move!

popcornelvis said...

your totally spies are totally cute!!!!



xox

bluewonder said...

I never like moving...simply too attached to my space. anyway gd luck with the move.

madame blossom said...

hart,

memang japanese bosses are strict - that's why it's more relaxed downstairs. next week when we move up and sit with them.. things will definitely change.

anyway, we're moving place aje.. lain semua no change.

dzu,
i like those poses of theirs.. :p

bluewonder,
thanks!