Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

and die we will

Just now at the doctor I was asked to have my x-ray taken. I felt like a photoshoot model. "stand straight, look up, chin up.. ok ok.. Next, sideways, this hand hold the machine, face look straight at the wall, ok.. next this way.. bla bla..

While waiting for the x-rays to be processed, i was thinking about what if, they tell me, that i had some fatal thing going on. Then i was thinking..everybody WILL die right.. we've been appointed a time.. so, if this is my time, insyaAllah, I must learn to accept it and make the best of what's left. Think positive and prepare for death and what comes after it.

I'm not sure if I would be able to maintain that same thought, if it really turns out that way. Hopefully insyaAllah.

But for now, the symptoms, turned out to be something not so serious. So, I guess, i have a bit more time...but seriously.. can we tell? I mean like i could die for the most unthinkable reason tomorrow. Allahu'alam.

We just need to be prepared, don't we?


ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ لَمَيِّتُونَ

And then, behold! after all this, you are destined to die;

ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ تُبْعَثُونَ

and then, behold! you shall be raised from the dead on Resurrection Day.

Al Quran, Al Mu'minun. 23:15-16

5 comments:

Marliza Radzi said...

we do.

Mak Su said...

we shd

Yara said...

Yup. Prepared every minute, every second. If I should go the next moment, let me just say please forgive me.

Anonymous said...

hi dearie ... ur entry here strikes a note deep within me. i just came back from visiting my nephew (involved in a motorcycle accident) and i rem earlier, when i received the news, i was thinking some thoughts related to what you just blogged here. we MUST all be prepared.

mag.nolia said...

Hope you'll be fine soon.

Yea, we all have to go one day.