Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy National Day

i guess, i am glad to be in singapore, mostly because of all the convenient things that Singapore has. MasyaAllah. E.g. like i can pay ALL my monthly bills on the internet, do govt-related paperwork on the internet. surf wirelessly and some places, easy to install broadband, anywhere we live. internet connection is somewhat reliable, if compared to others. government agencies are quite efficient. Food is nice and most fast food can be ordered thru phone or online and they deliver almost anywhere.

There are a lot of mosques in singapore ACTUALLY. It's just sad that we don't use it that often. Ok, that's one issue that the mosques has to work out. Because during Rasulullah's time, the mosques was not just a place for prayer - it was more like a community center. Even visitors from other countries would visit Rasulullah SAW in the mosque.

Singapore is clean.. and I appreciate that Singapore IS GREEN. I know last time i hear about green singapore.. but i never really notice. but now I start to notice.. yes Singapore is GREEN. everywhere you go, you will not find a single place where there are no trees or shrubs around - of course not counting indoors.. but hey.. you know some building DO have small trees IN THE building.

What I don't like about Singapore? I think we are not honestly proud of our roots. We 'say' we are, but all plans, mass media, what's called 'appreciating arts' what is being 'open minded' - are all in trying to so imitate the moral-deprived certain westerns. We are not brave enough to say 'MORALITY is THE right thing. I don't have to bare my most of body to get business into SINGAPORE, stupid" or lower my moral values? - think about it.. it mostly comes to that.. one way or another.

So what is advancement? How do you say we've progressed when there are more rapes and unwanted abortions and becoming robots without empathy for others.

I also HATE the calls from singapore banks. Hi miss.. we'd like to offer you a LOAN, or a CREDIT CARD, or SOME ADVANCE CASH. How stupid do they think I am. Sometimes i feel like nagging back to them.. saying" I actually don't need a loan, now, why do you think I would need one? I am happy with my life now, no stress because i have no loans. If I take on your loans, just because you offer it, and then now I have an obligation to pay you back the loan PLUS INTEREST and I am going to feel that I have added a burden to my life. So how is that LOAN suppose to help me? Please explain. (I think I'll print this out and read it to the next person who offers me a loan or credit card or advance cash.

oh.. sorry..the topic is about how i appreciate Singapore. Right.

So.. what did i do today? I went to hubby's best friend's place and I helped made the sushi! The last time I made sushi must have been about 2-3 years ago. anyway.. it turned out ok. So, we talked and we ate and we ate, and we talked. while the children swam and played games and what not. Not a bad day. and I didn't eat too much. Alhamdulillah.

abis actually pink nak ajak tengok fireworks.. but we started the 'plan' at like 6plus. so it was kind of impossible. we figured, next year, if we're going to watch it, we'll plan at least 1-2 days in advance, rather than 1-2 hrs.


puan rumah








8 comments:

Marliza Radzi said...

fun nya nampak gaya celebrate national day. hehe.

happy birthday, Singapore!

madame blossom said...

ok ok la dear. Catch up with good friends. main masak2. ok la. :)

che'fara said...

i always always always always like ur pictures.sejuk je tengokkk.

:)

Sue said...

definitely clean and efficiency is what I like.

Don't like it...complain...so simple ;P

madame blossom said...

che'fara,

tank-u u.. kalau hot2 - tengok2 la.. gambar :D

minah,
itu lah complain.. beleter sendiri. =D

Mak Su said...

hujan emas di negeri orang, hujan batu di negeri sendiri

mag.nolia said...

How's your first day at 2nd floor going? Hope everything's ok :)

Waaaah, banyak nye makanan!!! :D Celebrate betul u all nie :) Such pretty cupcakes and sushi... rajin u all buat.

Oh ya, abt SG... mangkin tua mangkin tak kuasa nak patriotic2 nie... *hehehee* I think the negative points stand out more than the positive. I'll take my words back if they take back their 7% gst. :P

madame blossom said...

su,

i rasa dua2 dangerous.. kalau kena kepala.. boleh pecah tu. =D

:) but u know what.. betul la kata u..

hart,
the cupcakes were designed by her kids.. hehe. ah ah sey.. puan rumah tu.. memang rajin masak2, siap2 kan banyak makanan untuk kita.