Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, August 17, 2007

rain

Yesterday, J at work, gave me some mooncake to try.. then suddenly
she shrieked, "EH! so MANY ants!!"
"Where?!" i asked.
And she pointed to a single lost ant.
This is what i call exagerration.
But she's cute.. in the office she laughs the most.



It was raining very heavily this morning. I had to walk a longer way to get to the car.
I'd rather walk a longer way or get a little bit wet or half wet, than carry an umberella-ella-ella-e-e.
(i know.. the song will probably be stuck in ur head for the rest of the day).

And so, I was late. If it was not raining, I may have been 5 minutes earlier.. but still 5 minutes late.
Hmm.. what's new.

Anyway, back to the topic of rain.. as it was almost literally pouring earlier in the morning. I imagined, how it must have been during Prophet Noah's time, when Allah SWT made the big flood. I mean like even now in normal heavy rains we had flash floods. So masa tu, Allah SWT made it rain so heavily from the skies and also let water out from the earth, so imagine how fast the flood would have consumed the whole land. Subhanallah.

Thereupon We inspired him thus: “Build, un­der Our eyes [12] and according to Our inspiration, the ark [that shall save thee and those who follow thee]. [13] And when Our judgment comes to pass, and waters gush forth in torrents over the face of the earth, place on board of this [ark] one pair of each [kind of animal] of either sex, as well as thy family - excepting those on whom sentence has already been passed; and do not appeal to Me [any more] in behalf of those who are bent on evildoing - for, behold, they are destined to be drowned!

Al Quran, Al Mu'minun 23:27


Will you then not consider?

p.s. my lovely hanaa is 10 today!

1 comment:

Yara said...

Alhamdulillah, I left home early to send my eldest daughter to school and reached my workplace early under the clear blue sky. I did not even know it was raining heavily until my colleagues came in around 8 plus and told me so.