Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, February 02, 2007

crazy or normal?

Sometimes, our section looks like we have the fun group of ppl. Perhaps that's why, there is this one particular guy in the office, who, when he comes to our department, he would 'announce' his arrival by actually SINGING 1-2 lines from an oldie. Like today, he came, and sang 'I left my heart in San Franciscoooo'..

The first time he did that last time, we all were like hmm.. shocked/amazed. By now, we all just ignore him, until he calls out the person he actually wants to talk to.
Yeap, sometimes this office is crazy like that.

Cakap pasal 'crazy', I remember an old colleague of mine from a company i used to work in.

It was the end of the day, and we were both waiting for the lift. We were debating on the issue of, what is a 'normal' person. I said, a normal person, has some degree of 'craziness' and 'seriousness' The degree between the two varies. But when a person has too much of one of them, or none at all of the other, then the person may be deemed as 'not normal'.

She rebutted. She said, a normal person is a normal person - no craziness at all. If a person has any degree of craziness then, that person is crazy. As simple as that.
I asked her, "'Do you consider yourself a normal person?"
She said, "Of course!".
"Then, WHAT in the world are you doing?", I said. Cause while she answered me that, she was actually marching up and down the lift corridor, like in a parade.

She said, oh, I was just recalling how we did the march, when I was in the school police cadets.

If that is not 'craziness', then what is?

Of course, by my definition, she is still a normal person to me. :)

Yeah! Alhamdulillah, it's Friday! - ALIF!

AND I got my blossmobile back!
AND I also got a new hp!
AND after being away for a month, today my brother is coming back! (just in time to return his car. heh)
AND tomorrow we start a new lecture!
AND I'm not working on Monday!
AND I hope you have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious weekend too!

And, may Allah SWT guide us all. :)

8 comments:

Yara said...

Salams Sis,

If you look closely at people around you, then I would say that 90% of people have a crazy streak about them. And the rest? They are just the boring walking and talking dolls...heh...heh.

I feel it is normal to behave crazily occasionally. If you cross the line, then it is time to say hello to the asylum.

Alhamduillah you got blossmobile back. I also got a new hp on my birthday from my wife - a Nokia 5300. What model's yours?

Have a great weekend and also Monday (jealous sey orang tu tak kerja).

| nur hafizah | said...

Hi Darling,

Glad to hear that blossmobile is safely back with you, though no doubt that you got to drive in to the Manual Car Wash >> Hee! It's a reminder for u ..

=D

Love u sis!

Anonymous said...

ameen! alhamdulillaah you're feeling much better. =)

have a great weekend with your love ones, insyaa allaah.

p/s: so asal monday tak keje? ada project ke? ;) *kpo*

madame blossom said...

hi yara,
Wah.. ur wife untung :)

I got a nokia n73. Itu pun my hubby belikan, cause dia dapat singtel voucher =D.

tedd,
masih belum le.. kita gi sama2? tapi u da ada chauffeur sendiri.. leceh ah.. . ;p

yt,
=D monday, mula2 ingat nak masuk shopping kat jb.. but kemungkinan besar, rest & relax kat singapore aje.. tengok lah camna..
kita merancang, Allah SWT menentukan.

Azer Mantessa said...

"I said, a normal person, has some degree of 'craziness' and 'seriousness'"

phew :D

madame blossom said...

azer,

awak ada gilanyer sikit.. maka itu, saya sahkan awak normal :p

Yara said...

Bloss, bukan my wife untung, I yang untung coz she bought it for me and not the other way round :)

madame blossom said...

oh! lerrr.. dah dua kali salah baca. menunjukkan yg I slalu baca kelam kabut.. mistaken the 'from' for 'for'.

ok then.. baik nyer your wife!! Hmm.. what shall i get hubby for his birthday...