Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, February 15, 2007

broken heart

hari tu, hari tu, hari tu lagi* my colleague, she bought lunch for the department, for pre-CNY treat.

And she also went to order heart-shaped pizza. I believe it is to commemorate that old pagan-turned christian festival, that many people (regardless of race, language or religion) seem to celebrate, nowadays.

Yah they celebrate it, by contributing to the economy more on that day. They do it by buying common and/or useless stuff for their loved ones, at a higher-than-normal price.. Or they spam inboxes, with pictures or hearts and roses.

I think most of them, don't know the origins of that day. If they knew, then I think most of them, Muslims especially, will not celebrate.

Wait..where was I?... oh right...they had this heart-shaped pizza during lunch.

BUT nobody wanted to cut it, without their loved ones. It's like 'so wrong' to cut that heart shaped pizza just like that. After a few minutes of them coaxing and teasing each other to cut the cake, I decided to save the day.
Untuk tidak membuang masa lunch yang singkat itu, I offered to cut it, so that we all can get it over with and carry on with our lunch.

I cut it like this:

Kesian eh.. but I like the shape. and I like the colour.

***

Ingat tak the Monday when i took leave? I had a good sister-in-law-ly outing with dadha. A private meeting, which was loooooong overdue. =D She convinced me to participate in a scrapbooking class that day - which I did, and I like.

Yup.. Besides that, I want to share pictures.
My favourite, wud be the one of Dadha, feeding the giant cat (or mouse?) - I like the mural on the wall.


< >


* hari tu, hari tu, hari tu lagi
- is how nadhrah would say it, to mean 3 days ago.
Kalau nak refer to '4 days ago', tambah aje lagi satu 'hari tu' in front. Kalau nak refer to 'last week'...

* this entry is 'unplugged'. da too ngantuk to check. zzz..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"hari tu, hari tu lagi" haha sungguh comel. kids say the cutest thing!

I like the way you cut the pizza. hehe.

che'fara said...

a'ahlah kalau last week punya hari tuh lagi jenuh nak mengira berapa hari tuh.kekeke.
silap kira jadik hari lain.

| nur hafizah | said...

Bloss,

Nadh is cute to say "hari tu .. hari tu .." hee!

And yes, the pizza - so kesian to be cut as it was cut!

;)

madame blossom said...

am,

=D tapi at last, takde orang makan THAT pizza.. semua makan yang the normal one. So, yang beli tu, bawak balik.

che'fara,
memang pun..dia pernah attempt to refer to last week.. she really did go like.. 'yang hari tu, hari tu, hari tu, hari tu, abis hari tu lagi..."

tedd,
yup. semua orang tak sanggup nak makan the broken heart. =D

BV 1E3 2010 Geog said...

nice heart! i like it. hahah.. i have one 'food-heartbreak' too!one day i show you k? and so far no updates from my friend (about the Islam thing).

Azer Mantessa said...

cute heart broken pizza :D

madame blossom said...

n2f,

ok.. i'll remind u =D insyaallah..

azer,
I know..

Oh ya.. you know what my colleague say.. they say.. wah you're soo good at breaking hearts? I said, yeah.. I'm a heart breaker.
(only pizza hearts la.. or any food of that shape) =D

Yara said...

Salams Erni,

Only heart-shaped food? I think on your wedding day, you must have broken many men's hearts.heh..heh. Take that as a compliment ok.

Anonymous said...

salaam awak! =)

lama tak jenguk2 sini. so sorry been under the weather a bit. that little device coupled with pre-PMS made a good recipe for hibernation. albeit brief, it was most welcoming.

enjoy the long weekend with your precious love ones and i shall be waiting for more foto updates next week. tata!

madame blossom said...

yara,

Allahu'alam. =).

YT,
moody eh.. ok glad to see u're up again.
Sure.. more photos coming next week. We may be going away this weekend.. insyaAllah.