Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

to be everywhere

socks, as you can see

Armed with new determination, new shoes and new socks, I face this week.

I'm trying to figure out how i feel, what my mood is. I'm not particularly sad, nor am I happy. I guess I am in a tafakkur state - thinking.

There are a few important & serious stuff happening around me, to people close to me. I have to thank Allah SWT for being in the state that I am in. Others are facing greater challenges. I hope I can be of some solace to them. I hope I am able to comfort them, to give them the right advice. At the same time wondering, if I am the right person to give advice. But then, nobody is perfect right? We do and give the best we can.

Then there are a few other good family/friends, I have not been able to catch up with. I wish I can give them some of my time. But I'm torn between family, studies, work, extended family and friends.
But I guess, I can work more on setting priorities and dividing time, AND having some DISCIPLINE. Allah help me.

And reading Sahalfikiri's entry of 25th Nov, pun makes me determined to be a good mother to my children.
I pray that I will be able to be the friend, they can confide in. But now they are still young, so more of a mother than friend. :)

And then, myself. Yes, myself. What have I been doing? Have I been doing anything to upgrade myself? make me a better person? Was my day better the the days before? Why do I do the things I do? I need to ponder on the question put forth by Allah SWT:

"Whither(to what place), then, will you go?"
Al Quran, At-Takwir 81:26


We seek assistance and guidance from Allah SWT.
And my prayer for all of us:
patience, strength in facing the challenges, and our iman to be strong.

I do love u all, LILLAH.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has always been a matter of time that we are catching for and we have always been saying that 'we have no time'. In real fact, Allah has provided us with all the time that we need. The problem lies in us.

Agree?

Anyway darling sis..

you are a good mother to your children, a good wife to ur hubby, a good sis to us (sisters/brothers), a good daughter(in-law) to ur parents(in-law), a gd ummah & e.t.c. InsyaAllah, Allah will assist you in maintaining all that. Aameen.

I love u too, Lillah.

Pak Tuo said...

Salam Blossom,

Yes dear benar cerita tu.

Wasalam

Azer Mantessa said...

A very caring person u r :-)

Anonymous said...

Erni, as an insan, we can only do so much. We have to juggle the various roles we play in our lives and can only continuosly pray that Allah swt will help us as HE always would to those who seek HIM.

Sahalfikiri's entry was a good reminder and timely too. There has been newspaper articles written recently and also the topic of last Friday's khutbah Jumaat about caring for our womenfolk and not to abuse them. Really, I cannot comprehend why some men are abusive towards women. It is really a sad thing.

madame blossom said...

tedd dear,
of course agree sangat. it's us.
I'm not so sure if ur comments about me are true.. but ameeeeeeeen.

pak tuo,
long time no see. :p

azer,
I don't know about that. masyaAllah.
but I try to be,
insyaAllah.

Yara,
Thank you for the encouraging words. Sometimes u wish u can do a bit more. :)

U baca sahalfikir's latest entry eh? - yup that's about abusive men. Only men who don't get it (about how everything on this earth is Allah's - kita cuma di-amanahkan), wud do that. Nauzubillah.

Anonymous said...

cute sox! :)