Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, January 19, 2009

time for patience

this morning, i felt like i didn't have time for patience. I just didn't have the time to ask slowly and gently.. i was in a hurry.. and so I was getting quite frustrated, in trying to get an answer out of Nadhrah who was crying in the back of the car. The traffic condition this morning didn't help.

She's been very reluctant to go to school. last Friday also she cried, and I brought her home, cause she said she had a headache. This morning, she was crying again. I wanted to asked her (nicely, but didn't manage) to tell me if anything happened in school, that's making her sooo reluctant to go. She was trying to answer between sobs... and we were approaching school, and the bell was going to ring, and how can I coax her and listen and comfort her in such a short time, I didn't want her to get into more trouble for coming in late.

Apparently, why she was so reluctant, is... 'ada boy suka kat nadhrah'. I asked her what he did, that she's so uncomfortable with. She said.. 'dia cakap 'bye' kat nadhrah'. Phew.. OK.

I hugged her.. and told her to buat bodoh aje the next time. Brought Eema and her, up to the school (we were in the basement carpark), then she wanted me to send her to her class row. No other parents were doing that already.. I protested, but i did.

Haih. I think I should be grateful.. that she is soo uncomfortable with that. Marlina said, probably it's quite traumatising for her at that age. She is only 7 after all. It happened before, when she was in K1 too. A boy liked her but that boy was worse.. he liked to touch her or at one point even hugged her. Itu pun, she cried and cried.. she didn't want to go to school. But for that, we managed to talk to the teacher who spoke to the boy, and probably explained to nadhrah.. and at last, nadhrah became friends with the boy.

She is so adorable. :)
I'll go back home and hug her again this evening, insyaAllah.

And I. I need to find patience in short time spans.. or maybe i forgot to remember about qada' and qadar and about being calm...I just need to be calm. Yeap. I think I'll try that tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

| nur hafizah | said...

Darling, yes I second Marlina's view. Perhaps, Nadh is so new to the school, the environment and such. Give her some time to adapt and yes, you'll have to understand & be patient. InsyaAllah, may Allah grant us all more patience ya. Amin.

Take Care. *Hugs*

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

masha Allah that's good seh. my sister suka kalau boys bye at her -________-"

madame blossom said...

peeps,

:) I'm much better this morning, alhamdulillah. And Nadhrah, went to school without any problem this morning. She has found a way to tackle the issue. She said.. when she saw the TWO (rupanya) boys coming towards her.. she covered her face with her tudung. haha :D