Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, January 08, 2009

the ifon

Before that, let's pray for Gaza.
Let Allah give victory to the innocent ones, and may their sufferings end, asap. Ameen.

So.. yup, as people in Gaza are hearing war planes zooming above them, dropping bombs on their schools and mosques.. here in Singapore..

The day before yesterday, hubby who already has an ifon, bought something, which can be used by 2 ifons at once. As he was going to purchase that, he called to ask if I was considering getting an ifon. I said, yes.. I am CONSIDERING...yes.

Then, yesterday, I got a call from my hubby, he told me,if i want to get an ifon, then go get malam tu jugak. I was CONSIDERING getting an ifon AND I was going to wait till he get his yearly singtel voucher next month, so that would give me time to make due consideration.

But yesterday, he already called the telco and used his negotiation POWERS to use the voucher 1 month before time, even before we actually got the voucher, and to upgrade another family member's line instead of his. Yeah, my husband is a superhero like that.

And so, that night, we went out to get me an ifon. So far, I'm enjoying it. I think wat's good about it is the seamless internet connection, the thousands of free apps, the cool user interface.

But I've read some ifon rumours, how it's difficult to get some tasks done or how some things cannot be done, e.g. forward an sms. So, just now, when I wanted to tranfer my contacts stored in my SIM card, I was prepared for the worse. I was going round the bush (yikes..hate him!) to try and get the SIM contacts because I had the impression that it wouldn't be easy. So I googled, and they talked about downloading a software to download ANOTHER application to enable this.. but i didn't have time to proceed, because I was going out. Then outside, as I was meddling with my new love, I came across it, right there under Settings - Contacts... 'IMPORT CONTACTS FROM SIM'. Ceeeeh - I feel stupid.

Another surprise awaited me. Apparently, I have been duped by my old hp. Everytime I added a new contact to the phone, I always 'Copy to SIM card', and the phone would always acknowledged 'Copied' and if I check under "contacts from SIM Card, it's there.. but NOW that I imported all my numbers onto the new ifon, it's not there!

As such, dear friends and families, pardon me, if I should ask who you are when you send me an sms, especially if I got your number during the last one year. :)

For now, besides the ifon and Gaza, yeap roller-coaster thoughts, I don't have much other.


God save the innocent Palestinians. Ameen.

No comments: