Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, August 18, 2008

my name is erni

Hi, my name is Erni.
Yes, ERNI.


************

" Hello, is that Aini?"
" Aini? err.. not quite.."
" Ha? this is Sam lah.. the ex neighbour"
" Ooooh Sam! it's erni lah.. "

************

"Helok, is tat ernard"
"Bernard? You want to speak to Bernard? I think you got the wrong number"
"Not... Ernard. Ernard please?"
"Errm, are you calling from (another country)?"
"Yard."
" ?... oh.. ok.. this is ernard.. I mean erni"

************

"Her name is Erni", Pink told her non malay friend.
Me : Ya, I'm Erni.. Hi.
NMF : Ernie? as in Ernie and Bird Bert? =D
Me : (Alaaaa!... here we go again.) \:-| aah.. no lah. Not Ernie.. Erni.
NMF : Ah? what?
Pink : Erni. Er..... ni.
NMF : Ha.. wah!.. how to pronounce ah? E....e....eyl..ni? E..eyl..ni? Eh.. very difficult leh.
I can imagine how difficult it was for her. It sounded like she was trying to make her tongue do an impossible double somersault twirl.
Me : It's ok :-) Ernie will do.
NMF : Eh, nevermind lah.. teach me. I want to pronounce properly.
Appreciative that she's trying, I thought for a while...
Me : Ok.. do you know the 'AIR' that we breathe in? Say 'air'.
NMF : Air?
Me : Right.. So, say.. 'air' 'ny'
NMF : Air-ny (Erni)
Me : There.. you got it.

...

Oh, and it is also NOT spelled 'Ernie'. It's only Erni - you save 1 key stroke/character space with the correct spelling. :)

Nice to meet you too.

7 comments:

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

aini seh. nama old skool haha XD

Zee SHK said...

FYI > it's Ernie & Bert.. not Bird. hee.

madame blossom said...

hairil,

old school but sounds quite sweet lah kan..

zee,
ah ah eh.. :p main lagau aje.. akan buat pembetulan.

redtide said...

ainii..angkat kain hujaaan.. jemuran dah turuuun..

that version of erni uh? i've always thought it was the ernie and bert version..

...jgn marah uh..

Anonymous said...

haha .. wat a cute entry! =)

Anonymous said...

sis...how ppl pronounce ur name even in a funny way or making fun of it(like me,sulasthri, the boys at sch called sulas'one', sulas'two', seulassepokok....hhhmmm but im still proud of my name bcos that is the first "gift" from my parents.

madame blossom said...

redtide,

yg tu.. dulu pun kadang2 kena jugak.

fiza,
Like you? ;D

su,
my name is from my beloved late grandmother. (May Allah bless her kind soul).