Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, August 29, 2008

computer shows and me

Until a few years ago, I would go to the regularly-held computer shows to check out what's new.

One time I was there, looking to buy a computer. As I walked around with my children, I came across a computer booth, having sexily dressed girls, with disco lights and fans blowing their hair into a mess. They were moving awkwardly.. or.. they were dancing to retro music. Gawking men and boys were standing around, blocking the pathway. So, I went away from that booth, shaking my head.   They had just lost a potential customer, because they were attracting gawkers, not real buyers. Stupid.

It actually disgusted me, to think that I'm at a COMPUTER fair and I have to see all these?  If I wanted to see those things, I'd go to the pub or disco.

Ever since seeing that, and a row of bank booths harrassing people into getting loans and credit cards, and even a booth selling CARS, at the COMPUTER show, plus the thought that, I don't want to become another mere consumer- I've stopped going to one.

The computer shows in singapore has become.... I don't know.....a bit blurred

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salams sis,

i agree with u in total & i feel u ..

what a waste .. *shakes head*

Zee SHK said...

comex cmg to town huh?

Anonymous said...

sis zee,

yes. comex started ystd, 28th aug 08.